Author Topic: Rape at Hyde  (Read 7117 times)

Offline HydeFan

• View Profile
Rape at Hyde
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2005, 07:05:00 PM »
Ok, I am not sure I can make this any clearer, but let me try one last time.  The last sentence of your post correctly cut and past the "Circumstances" requiring a report to be filed.

CIRCUMSTANCES

When, while acting in a professional capacity, they know or have reasonable cause to suspect that a child has been or is likely to be abused or neglected.

WHAT YOU DIDN'T (SEEM TO) DO WAS CLICK ON THE BOX THAT SAID INCLUDE "Definitions of Child Abuse and Neglect" (now would be the time to do that).

NOW LOOK AT THE DEFINITION OF "ABUSE AND NEGLECT"....it says....

"Abuse or neglect means a threat to a child?s health or welfare by physical injury or impairment, by a person responsible for the child."

BY A PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CHILD.  The abuse or neglect must be BY A PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CHILD.  Not "BY" other students.  

To make this perfectly clear, everytime you see the words "abuse and neglect" add the words BY SOMEONE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CHILD.

Is that "reasonably clear" enough?

Anyway, FWIW, I believe falsely stating someone else has committed a crime is defamation.  I also don't think it would be too hard to find out your name after getting your IP address from the webhost in discovery.

As always, I stand ready to be wrong....but you (or someone like you) made the accusation that Hyde had acted criminally by not reporting a serious crime.  You still haven't shown they had any such duty, and you definitely haven't shown that if they did, they didn't make their report.

As such that makes you a liar and someone willing to defame someone else to bolster their own position.  As such, I can see why you may have had trouble at Hyde.

All that, and I'm the one drinking the cool-aid?  Maybe, but at least I haven't told any lies here.

Why not admit you were wrong, that you thought there was a disclosure obligation, but really don't know for sure, and moreso, that you really had no basis to know if it did exist whether or not Hyde complied?

Either way, this is stupidity wrapped in lunacy.  Rapes happen.  Hopefully not to you me or anyone we love or care about, but they are a sad fact of life.  That one may have happened at Hyde means very little, and I seriously doubt you were in a position to have any real incite in the appropriateness of how it was handled.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Rape at Hyde
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2005, 07:28:00 PM »
Hydefan, one of the primal flaws of the Synanon method is that they do place other inmates in positions of authority over each other. If the article I read was accurate, the inmates also have a degree of authority over the staff. In fact, it looks very like the way Straightlings and Seedlings were required to report (or threaten to report) their parents to staff. If you didn't report something "questionable" and someone else did, you' run the risk of landing up on the hot-spot yourself for "having your awareness up your ass" or for "clicking"*

*[sic] Actually cliquing, but clicking is the way it was spelled in every obs book and rule sheet I ever saw. One dare not deem to correct the spelling of Sr. Staff. Not for YEARS, through thousands of clients!

Don't worry about temptation--as you grow older, it starts avoiding you.  
-- Old Farmer's Almanac

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline HydeFan

• View Profile
Rape at Hyde
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2005, 09:30:00 PM »
Antigen, I actually don't undertstand your presence here.  I have read a fairly involved report on Seeds.  It was profoundly troubling to read, and I have no trouble saying that that program seemed abusive to all on its face.

But for whatever similarities this might bare, Hyde was fundamentally different.  I won't go into what I think those are here and of course, some would differ, but this stream is about an allegation of rape, and an allegation of violation of reporting laws!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rape at Hyde
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2005, 11:43:00 PM »
Did you say the Seed Program is abusive?  Hmmm, weren't you the one to complain that another anonymous was making comments about Hyde that was slanderous?  I find that when something triggers something in me, it is for a reason and I ask myself why?

Truth be told, these boards allow people to express their opinions and feelings, and it seems this is what is happening including OD, many "anonymous", Ginger Warbis, HydeFan, etc.

Offline HydeFan

• View Profile
Rape at Hyde
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2005, 01:54:00 AM »
You can put words in my mouth all you want, but that isn't what I said, nor what I was complaining about.  

All I said was that seeds "seemed" abusive.

"Seems" is a word that tells the reader, Hey, the following is just my opinion.  Fairly contrived for you to miss that.

Also since it is a statement of opinion, and in any event, not a statement that a crime was committed, it was also not defamatory....but I am presuming I might need to link you to another web site for more elaboration on that one.

Anyway, you said "Truth be told, these boards allow people to express their opinions and feelings"....well that's all I was doing, and I support your right to do it as well.

Now my backstory is that I was actually presuming Antigen had some gripes against Seeds, and having had one of my closest friends from their still experiencing the trauma of it 30 years later, was trying to be supportive.

My more relevant point was that I didn't understand Antigen's point in the context of the current topic.  I was also wondering if Antigen was a Hyde alum.

Anyway, as an unmoderated forum, I suppose there are no rules, but it would help having any sort of discussion to stick to the facts, tell the truth, and try to stay on point.  I promise to try and do the same! :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: HydeFan on 2005-10-03 23:49 ]

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Rape at Hyde
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2005, 09:26:00 AM »
On 2005-10-03 16:05:00, HydeFan wrote:

"Ok, I am not sure I can make this any clearer, but let me try one last time.  The last sentence of your post correctly cut and past the "Circumstances" requiring a report to be filed.

CIRCUMSTANCES

When, while acting in a professional capacity, they know or have reasonable cause to suspect that a child has been or is likely to be abused or neglected.

WHAT YOU DIDN'T (SEEM TO) DO WAS CLICK ON THE BOX THAT SAID INCLUDE "Definitions of Child Abuse and Neglect" (now would be the time to do that).

NOW LOOK AT THE DEFINITION OF "ABUSE AND NEGLECT"....it says....

"Abuse or neglect means a threat to a child?s health or welfare by physical injury or impairment, by a person responsible for the child."

BY A PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CHILD.  The abuse or neglect must be BY A PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CHILD.  Not "BY" other students.  

To make this perfectly clear, everytime you see the words "abuse and neglect" add the words BY SOMEONE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CHILD.

Is that "reasonably clear" enough?

Anyway, FWIW, I believe falsely stating someone else has committed a crime is defamation.  I also don't think it would be too hard to find out your name after getting your IP address from the webhost in discovery.

As always, I stand ready to be wrong....but you (or someone like you) made the accusation that Hyde had acted criminally by not reporting a serious crime.  You still haven't shown they had any such duty, and you definitely haven't shown that if they did, they didn't make their report.

As such that makes you a liar and someone willing to defame someone else to bolster their own position.  As such, I can see why you may have had trouble at Hyde.

All that, and I'm the one drinking the cool-aid?  Maybe, but at least I haven't told any lies here.

Why not admit you were wrong, that you thought there was a disclosure obligation, but really don't know for sure, and moreso, that you really had no basis to know if it did exist whether or not Hyde complied?

Either way, this is stupidity wrapped in lunacy.  Rapes happen.  Hopefully not to you me or anyone we love or care about, but they are a sad fact of life.  That one may have happened at Hyde means very little, and I seriously doubt you were in a position to have any real incite in the appropriateness of how it was handled."
ok, here we go with the "defamation" lawsuit threats again. STFU with that BS.  nothings going to happen.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline HydeFan

• View Profile
Rape at Hyde
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2005, 11:55:00 AM »
Once again, you missed the point.

First, it wasn't a threat, and I challenge you to find any words of threat in my post.  Here's a definition to help you: A threat is a declaration of an intention to inflict harm.  Go ahead now.  Tell me where my threat is.

What I did do was state an opinion of the value of your (or your anonymous brethrens) posts, and what could happen as a result.

I am not Hyde, and I too don't think anything is likely to happen.  

I was merely pointing out that the only crime I have real evidence of is what looks to me like defamation.

Defamation, by definition of course, would make you not only a liar, but a really serious liar.

And (IMHO) that's all anyone here needs to really know about you.  

It discredits everything you say on these posts and reveals am apparent robust lack of integrity.  

No wonder you don't like Hyde.  You never really got it!

[ This Message was edited by: HydeFan on 2005-10-04 09:03 ]

Offline HydeFan

• View Profile
Rape at Hyde
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2005, 12:00:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: HydeFan on 2005-10-04 09:01 ]

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Rape at Hyde
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2005, 12:51:00 PM »
On 2005-10-04 08:55:00, HydeFan wrote:

"Once again, you missed the point.

First, it wasn't a threat, and I challenge you to find any words of threat in my post.  Here's a definition to help you: A threat is a declaration of an intention to inflict harm.  Go ahead now.  Tell me where my threat is.

What I did do was state an opinion of the value of your (or your anonymous brethrens) posts, and what could happen as a result.

I am not Hyde, and I too don't think anything is likely to happen.  

I was merely pointing out that the only crime I have real evidence of is what looks to me like defamation.

Defamation, by definition of course, would make you not only a liar, but a really serious liar.

And (IMHO) that's all anyone here needs to really know about you.  

It discredits everything you say on these posts and reveals am apparent robust lack of integrity.  

No wonder you don't like Hyde.  You never really got it!

[ This Message was edited by: HydeFan on 2005-10-04 09:03 ]"
I never went to Hyde you presumptuous jackass.  Nobody likes a know-it-all.  I'm sure you already know that though.  If you actually had a life or friends you wouldn't be constantly trolling here, now would you?
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rape at Hyde
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2005, 01:29:00 PM »
Hmmmm.  You didn't go to Hyde?  Are you a Hyde parent?  My comments would apply equally then.  

Otherwise, why post here?  And why constantly the subject into personal attacks?

There are still two challenges on the able:

1. Show that Hyde had a legal obligation to report this alledged rape, and

2. Show that if they had this duty, that they didn't.

Otherwise, let's start a new stream and have a more meaningful discussion.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rape at Hyde
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »
Well Duhhh, this person said that they didn't go to Hyde and then you asked if they were a Hyde parent.  If you are familiar with Hyde, parents enroll at Hyde at the same time the child does!!  I think you are a wannabee attorney!!

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Rape at Hyde
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2005, 05:11:00 PM »
On 2005-10-04 10:29:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Hmmmm.  You didn't go to Hyde?  Are you a Hyde parent?  My comments would apply equally then.  

Otherwise, why post here?  And why constantly the subject into personal attacks?

There are still two challenges on the able:

1. Show that Hyde had a legal obligation to report this alledged rape, and

2. Show that if they had this duty, that they didn't.

Otherwise, let's start a new stream and have a more meaningful discussion.

"
blah blah blah
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control