Author Topic: Dear Art,  (Read 28677 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2005, 09:56:00 AM »
Whattup Ding?

:wave:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2005, 10:10:00 AM »
Maybe its more like Cheech & Chong. :smokin:

maybe Charlie Manson can play Dave.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2005, 01:04:00 PM »
Dheech and D..  oh nevermind.

:grin:

Offline Napolean Bonafart

• View Profile
    • http://electriclarryland.spaces.live.com/lists/
Dear Art,
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2005, 06:17:00 PM »
You really liked Napolean Dynomite didn't you. I read your book you threw at me and then I studied you all like a deck of cards.I don't have to prove anything to you or my "bucther knife" sibling.He's in big trouble. His [email protected]

No citizen of a liberal and democratic nation profits from a victorious war.
--Ludwig von Mises

quot;Thank you peanut gallery\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2005, 06:32:00 PM »
How about getting off of these antibiotics
How about stopping eating when I'm filled up
How about them transparent dangling carrots
How about that ever elusive kudo
Thank you India
Thank you terror
Thank you disillusionment
Thank you frailty
Thank you consequence
Thank you thank you silence
How about me not blaming you for everything
How about me enjoying the moment for once
How about how good it feels to finally forgive you
How about grieving it all one at a time
Thank you India
Thank you terror
Thank you disillusionment
Thank you frailty
Thank you consequence

Offline Thom

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2005, 12:55:00 AM »
Hi Art and Shelly,

I just wanted to let you know I really appreciate your having started, and poured over 30 years of your life into The Seed. I was the 'other' Thom in "The New Crusty Nostrils" group of around '74-'76 or so. That was a very special time for me. When you asked us to go to Cleveland and sing, it was both an honor and an adventure.

It was cool walking into the room up there, and feeling instantly at home. I have enjoyed that feeling many times over the years as I've visited different AA, NA and GA rooms around the country. I got side-tracked for a few years, predictably, right after leaving The Seed, but am doing very well these days.

Thanks for showing me that I had potential in this world, and for offering a glimpse of what a straight / sober life can be. I also blame you for my love of Jazz. That day you took a bunch of us to your house to hear your stereo playing some of your Big Band collection was a true mind expanding experience for me musically.

Many fond memories, and morsels of wisdom will stay with me always, i hope. The concept of sober humor was first introduced to me by you. The delayed-reaction in putting these things into action was my bad. I thank God for you and your vision and determination and willingness to share it all with us punks.  :wink: .

I remember you saying that if the net result of the efforts of the Seed was that ONE kid was spared a life of misery, it would all have been worth it. (or words to that effect) I thought it was a fatalistic attitude at the time, but it makes perfect sense now.

Some of the former Seedlings I'm in touch with these days still harbor bitterness over perceived mistreatment under your care.

Although I don't totally agree with some of your treatment methods during those early years, I hear improvements were made. It was a work in progress. I do recognise you as a fellow human being, living out God's will for your life to the best of your ability, and I thank you for your willingness to do so. I'm sober about 14 years now, and life is good. Thanks for the good foundational work!

Sincerely, Thom McNulty

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Dear Art,
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2005, 11:47:00 AM »
On 2005-10-04 21:55:00, Thom wrote:

I do recognise you as a fellow human being, living out God's will for your life to the best of your ability, and I thank you for your willingness to do so.

:rofl: Thom, accusing Art of living out God's will is like wishing the Program on me. Are you even vaguely aware of how often and lightly you offend people?

Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.
--Isaac Asimov, Russian-born American author

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2005, 11:51:00 AM »
Antigen,
Please, do you have any idea how often you offend people?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2005, 11:56:00 AM »
James, the brother of Jesus, told me to post this in the wrong thread.  LIAR.

Dear Art,

Thanks for convincing my parents physchologists were all "full of shit" and warehousing me for all that time while people poked at me and screamed in my face and denied me basic human dignity like toilet privelidges. It really helped me get in touch with other people living inside my brain and identify the voices.

I am now medicated and institutionalized, but I recite the 3 signs to my invisible friend every day, then we go seven stepping around the courtyard with Jesus and Hitler.

Your the best!

And thanks to Mussolini for showing me the right thread!

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2005, 11:57:00 AM »
On 2005-10-04 21:55:00, Thom wrote:

I do recognise you as a fellow human being, living out God's will for your life to the best of your ability, and I thank you for your willingness to do so.

"

Correct me if Im wrong, but wasn't Art an atheist?

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2005, 11:58:00 AM »
"anon", why don't you just use your handle? You know Ginger and I know who you are, so who are you trying to hide your tirades against her from?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2005, 01:06:00 PM »
Art was not an atheist but I would not qualify him as a Christian or a Jew in the traditional sense. I know through talks he had in the group that he was half Jewish half Catholic by birth. Did not practice any religion as I can recall, Art always spoke of the importance of spirituality and emphasized the difference between that and religion.

He always said you pick your own higher power and perceive the higher power in the way you see fit this, this used to piss off the parents that wanted a more religious based program along with some of religious clerics who viewed his ideas as borderline heresy .

Come to think of it this might have been the origin that started the basic rift between the Seed parents that broke away and started the program ?Straight?. Just a theory on my part.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2005, 01:20:00 PM »
He's not half Jewish.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2005, 01:41:00 PM »
:???:  :???:  :???:

Sorry my mistake

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2005, 01:41:00 PM »
On 2005-10-05 10:06:00, Anonymous wrote:

" Art was not an atheist but I would not qualify him as a Christian or a Jew in the traditional sense. I know through talks he had in the group that he was half Jewish half Catholic by birth. Did not practice any religion as I can recall, Art always spoke of the importance of spirituality and emphasized the difference between that and religion.

He always said you pick your own higher power and perceive the higher power in the way you see fit this, this used to piss off the parents that wanted a more religious based program along with some of religious clerics who viewed his ideas as borderline heresy .

Come to think of it this might have been the origin that started the basic rift between the Seed parents that broke away and started the program ?Straight?. Just a theory on my part.

"

No, Straight had a similar philosophy.  In fact, the philosophy wasn't just similar, it was identical.

To take it a step further, there really was no "rift" of any significance. What happened was the Seed packet up and left St Pete, and the cult-less parents tried to duplicate it for the benefit of the community and "improve" some of the things slightly.

There was a rift between the parents that started Straight, mainly because they were practicing the very same techniques the Seed did, such as forced hair cuts and the like.  This caused a bunch of early straight parents to resign in disquist because the promise was a seed like program new and improved, not an exact clone of the seed, which is what they got.