Author Topic: Anchor Academy for Boys in Havre, Montana.  (Read 51391 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anchor Academy for Boys in Havre, Montana.
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2005, 09:43:00 AM »
Ancho Academy in Montana does have a website:
http://www.christiangiving.net/Anchor%20Academey.htm.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2005, 09:53:00 AM »
On 2005-09-30 06:43:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Ancho Academy in Montana does have a website:

http://www.christiangiving.net/Anchor%20Academey.htm."
Dead link.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2005, 09:54:00 AM »
On 2005-09-30 06:43:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Ancho Academy in Montana does have a website:

http://www.christiangiving.net/Anchor%20Academey.htm."

Thanks Anon, but the link is malfunctioning.

Can you try again?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2005, 09:59:00 AM »
From the website (just paste in your browser http://www.christiangiving.net and click on Anchor Academy).

The Anchor Academy is a faith-based ministry of the Hi-Line Baptist Church in Havre, MT.  We take troubled and at-risk boys ages 13-17 for a minimum stay of one year.  The program is very structured and focuses on character building, respect for authority, hard work, establishing goals, and reconciling families.  We work on changing the outside, while God works on the heart.  This creates an atmosphere of tough-love discipline where the young men are taught to take responsibility for their actions.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2005, 09:59:00 AM »
http://www.christiangiving.net/featured ... zation.htm

Click on the radio button for Anchor Academy.  

I noticed I was only the 85th visitor to the website that covers all of their "institutions," including Anchor.  This must not be the primary marketing tool...
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2005, 10:00:00 AM »
On 2005-09-30 06:59:00, Anonymous wrote:

"From the website (just paste in your browser http://www.christiangiving.net and click on Anchor Academy).

The Anchor Academy is a faith-based ministry of the Hi-Line Baptist Church in Havre, MT.  We take troubled and at-risk boys ages 13-17 for a minimum stay of one year.  The program is very structured and focuses on character building, respect for authority, hard work, establishing goals, and reconciling families.  We work on changing the outside, while God works on the heart.  This creates an atmosphere of tough-love discipline where the young men are taught to take responsibility for their actions.

"

http://www.christiangiving.net/featured ... zation.htm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2005, 11:29:00 PM »
Place sounds down-right scary!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2005, 06:39:00 PM »
I just found this site and have read all the posts about Anchor Academy in Havre.  It seems to me that you are quick to judge and slow to find out what is wrong.  Why is Anchor being swept with a broad brush and being condemned based on what other organizations do?  Sounds like the way they condemned Jesus...nothing good can come out of Nazareth.  This isn't the dark ages and you can go and see if you really care.  It seems also, that everything from the "Roloff" ministry is also painted BLACK.  

While I do realize that there are some really weird stuff out there, I have never seen any abusive stuff from Anchor nor do I find anything that is hurtful or cruel to the boys.  Unless, you call discipline and order and good manners and developing character cruel and hurtful.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2005, 09:37:00 PM »
This would be the pastor I emailed earllyer. IT seems like you anyway, because you dont really seem to know much about the industry, and you spoke of jesus. Please, look around, read, see why I fight so hard. We have surviors from some of the worst walks of life here, all will tell you about what evils happened to them in the name of God and "fixing" them.[ This Message was edited by: OverLordd on 2005-10-02 18:39 ]
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2005, 01:30:00 AM »
Yes, I am the one.  I don't disagree, but let's not write everything and everyone off that is doing a good work.  I challenge you and others to find the evidence that you are saying exists, but I don't see or don't know any evidence.  It is easy to throw around accusations without proof.  If there is proof of Anchor Academy doing wrong or having abuse, then I will join your endeavors, but I will not accuse someone or an organization of wrong doing when in fact, they are not guilty.  Come forth with proof and make it accurate, not hearsay or so conjecture.

You wrote:  "This would be the pastor I emailed earllyer. IT seems like you anyway, because you dont really seem to know much about the industry, and you spoke of jesus. Please, look around, read, see why I fight so hard. We have surviors from some of the worst walks of life here, all will tell you about what evils happened to them in the name of God and "fixing" them"

OverLordd, I do know some about the problems that you are speaking about, but I also know honesty and integrity and to slander or make these accusations and paint all groups with a broad brush is wrong and you know that.  So, why do you do it?  We could also write and give much proof from "state" institutions who treat people wrongly and there are just as many if not more evils, in the name of fixing them.  Why single out so called "religious" organizations.  I appeal to honesty and fairness.  Yes, I am the pastor you wrote to and I make my appeal for honesty.  If, in fact, I am wrong, as I told you, I will go all I can to stop Anchor Academy but I will not stand by and see them maligned without proof.  There are churches that are wrong and I know this and so do you, that does not mean all churches are wrong.  There are schools that are wrong and parents that are wrong and doctors that are wrong.  We don't write off all these because of the wrong of a few.  

In a former post, Overlordd, you wrote some very strong posts...you used the phrase "I hate" refering to the people.  I can understand hating what they do, but to hate them is quite condemming and often our "hate" blinds us to truth.   I would not want to be the object of your "hatred" because you might attack me unjustly because I am attempting to do right.  

For the record, I have heard nothing but good about Anchor Academy in Haver, MT.  The area around Haver is very supportive of the group and I have talked with many of the students there and they are some very fine young men.  Anchor seeks to teach character as well as integrity.  My name...Harvey Seidel, Pastor of First Baptist Church in Thermopolis, WY

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2005, 02:44:00 AM »
On 2005-10-02 22:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Yes, I am the one.  I don't disagree, but let's not write everything and everyone off that is doing a good work.  I challenge you and others to find the evidence that you are saying exists, but I don't see or don't know any evidence.  It is easy to throw around accusations without proof.  If there is proof of Anchor Academy doing wrong or having abuse, then I will join your endeavors, but I will not accuse someone or an organization of wrong doing when in fact, they are not guilty.  Come forth with proof and make it accurate, not hearsay or so conjecture.

You wrote:  "This would be the pastor I emailed earllyer. IT seems like you anyway, because you dont really seem to know much about the industry, and you spoke of jesus. Please, look around, read, see why I fight so hard. We have surviors from some of the worst walks of life here, all will tell you about what evils happened to them in the name of God and "fixing" them"

OverLordd, I do know some about the problems that you are speaking about, but I also know honesty and integrity and to slander or make these accusations and paint all groups with a broad brush is wrong and you know that.  So, why do you do it?  We could also write and give much proof from "state" institutions who treat people wrongly and there are just as many if not more evils, in the name of fixing them.  Why single out so called "religious" organizations.  I appeal to honesty and fairness.  Yes, I am the pastor you wrote to and I make my appeal for honesty.  If, in fact, I am wrong, as I told you, I will go all I can to stop Anchor Academy but I will not stand by and see them maligned without proof.  There are churches that are wrong and I know this and so do you, that does not mean all churches are wrong.  There are schools that are wrong and parents that are wrong and doctors that are wrong.  We don't write off all these because of the wrong of a few.  

In a former post, Overlordd, you wrote some very strong posts...you used the phrase "I hate" refering to the people.  I can understand hating what they do, but to hate them is quite condemming and often our "hate" blinds us to truth.   I would not want to be the object of your "hatred" because you might attack me unjustly because I am attempting to do right.  

For the record, I have heard nothing but good about Anchor Academy in Haver, MT.  The area around Haver is very supportive of the group and I have talked with many of the students there and they are some very fine young men.  Anchor seeks to teach character as well as integrity.  My name...Harvey Seidel, Pastor of First Baptist Church in Thermopolis, WY"

Mr. Seidel,

I suggest you do some reading about the Roloff Ministries and the damage they caused to hundreds of young people. Like it or not, Anchor IS a Roloff spin-off. I don't know for certain if Anchor is abusive or not. But it being a Roloff spin-off is a BIG red flag. ALL of the Roloff-connected "schools" I've encountered have a long track record of complaints from former residents and in some cases investigations by state authorities.

Now matter how you spin it, it looks bad.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2005, 03:25:00 AM »
If you are ever on Amtrak's "Empire Builder" Chicago/Seattle train you can get an excellent "to go" burger and fries across the street from the train station in Havre.
Make sure the train is on time because you can get left there.Usually it is a service stop for the train,but if the train is running late it may depart earlier than expected.(Dont buy the chicken dinner and DONT PLAY THE POKER MACHINES)

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2005, 11:36:00 AM »
Yes, I am the one.

Welcome to Fornits pastor. I will do my best to see that you come to a understanding with us and maybe at least pull your support if not hurt Anchor Academy.

I challenge you and others to find the evidence that you are saying exists, but I don't see or don't know any evidence.

This website is full of evidence condemning a large swath of people, maybe not your specific institution, but indeed others that are like your institution. We are greatly concerned about Anchors links to Roloff, which has had proven abuses.

paint all groups with a broad brush is wrong and you know that. So, why do you do it?

This discussion has come up a great many times in forum and out. I will explain it to you because you are somewhat new to the ideas surrounding the teen help industry. We paint with such a wide brush because the industry is indeed largely corrupt. It started in the 70's and 80's and has still continued to hurt others. Your organization is not a primary target here, we are just concerned. While yes at a base idea we would like it shut down, but that speaks for the entire industry. We know Roloff was abusive, and we have linked the organization to Roloff, that is why we are worried and why we have taken action.

We could also write and give much proof from "state" institutions who treat people wrongly and there are just as many if not more evils, in the name of fixing them. Why single out so called "religious" organizations. I appeal to honesty and fairness

Indeed you have the honesty pastor. You believe you are being focused on, but indeed you are not. State intuitions are the same if not worse as private ones. I do not single out religious programs. I single out anyone suspected of abuse and anyone that has hurt children. You are not being focused on, do not think otherwise.

There are churches that are wrong and I know this and so do you, that does not mean all churches are wrong. There are schools that are wrong and parents that are wrong and doctors that are wrong.

Your example here is not correct because of the very nature of the industry. Workers that hurt children have been passed around, and hidden in other programs, they have gotten work elsewhere after being fired. There have been instances of murders getting a job at another intuition. Churches do not pass around members, schools don?t pass around students, and doctors are punished. The industry faces no punishment for its murdering. We write off all people in the industry, because all have a hand in, if not in the idea of a direct hand, then in the idea of they let it happen.

I can understand hating what they do, but to hate them is quite condemming and often our "hate" blinds us to truth. I would not want to be the object of your "hatred" because you might attack me unjustly because I am attempting to do right.

Yes, I hate child abusers, I will stand by that, I hate people that break up families, and I hate people that take advantage of parents in a tough spot. I will not change that. But I do not hate people such as you, people that truly do not know and do not understand what is going on. I have friends in the industry, I have friends that have worked for the industry, I have had loved ones forced into the industry, kidnapped. And I hate it, believe, I hate it. Like God hates sin.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2005, 12:43:00 PM »
Pastor Seidel,

I trust that you will continue to read and educate yourself about Mr. Dennis McElwrath and his connection to the abusive Roloff Ministries. An AP newspaper article of March 15, 2001 discusses "BROTHER" DENNIS'S work in Texas with the Roloff Homes, that were operated by People's Baptist Church in Corpus Christi, Texas, and "BROTHER" Dennis did work there.

You might want to ask this man, "BROTHER" Dennis why the boys at Anchor Acadmey are not allowed free communication with their families?  Do you approve of monitored telephone calls?  Do you approve of censoring the mail of these boys? To what extreme means would you allow "BROTHER" Dennis to go in order for these boys to "be saved?"  These are questions that must be answered, Pastor Seidel--because now that you have been made aware, you TOO are now responsible for these young men.  The welfare, and safety of these young men and boys has now been placed on your doorstep. YOUR CHURCH--the Baptist Church, through YOU and YOUR STATEMENTS has so stated that these boys are safe, and are not being abused, and that their rights are not being violated.
You owe it to these boys to MAKE SURE that you are, in fact, speaking the "gospel truth."

Thank you for your interest in these boys.

http://www.gocorpuschristi.com/2001/mar ... 00351.html

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2005, 05:30:00 PM »
I suggest you do some reading about the Roloff Ministries and the damage they caused to hundreds of young people. Like it or not, Anchor IS a Roloff spin-off. I don't know for certain if Anchor is abusive or not. But it being a Roloff spin-off is a BIG red flag. ALL of the Roloff-connected "schools" I've encountered have a long track record of complaints from former residents and in some cases investigations by state authorities.

Now matter how you spin it, it looks bad. "
[/quote]

Looking bad and being bad are two different things.  You don't know that it is bad and saying that it looks bad is condeming.  What you are doing is deplorable.