Author Topic: I was going to write Dear Greg, but even titles seem it be m  (Read 28643 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
I was going to write Dear Greg, but even titles seem it be m
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2005, 02:23:00 PM »
Bullshit, plain and simple.

Just because you do not take an interest in politics, doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0684863952/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> PERICLES (430 BC)

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2005, 03:39:00 PM »
Antigen,
That is why searches were done.  They were only done at the initial intake. Wouldn't that make sence to you.

Then again not much does , sometimes.

Maybe you should stick to sandwiches. :grin:

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »
Wtaylor-check your private messages.

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2005, 04:05:00 PM »
again please, thanks

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »
On 2005-09-22 12:39:00, Ft. Lauderdale wrote:

"Antigen,

That is why searches were done.  They were only done at the initial intake. Wouldn't that make sence to you.

No, not to me nor to people who run most legitimate rehabs. I was actually shocked when I landed up in DeKalb and then Macon county juvy (no crime, just an extradition order signed by one of your buddys on the bench in Pinellas) and was not strip searched. Turns out, only state prisons routinely strip search new inmates. Not county jails nor holding facilities. Imagine that.

Tell me something, how often did you actually find drugs or weapons stuffed up someones ass or cooch? Does it make sense to you to go on humiliating kids in this way even though it always turned out to be pointless? But it wasn't pointless, was it? There was a point to it. It just had nothing to do w/ the rediculous notion that middle class white kids were likely to stuff contraband up their asses, or even to expect a strip search at a "rehab".

History gives us a kind of chart, and we dare not surrender even a small rushlight in the darkness. The hasty reformer who does not remember the past will find himself condemned to repeat it.
--John Buchan

Straight, Sarasota
   10/80 - 10/82
Apostate 10/82 -
Anonymity Anonymous

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »
Once again... you were at straight not the seed.

I'm sorry if something happened to you at straight,that was out of line.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2005, 04:37:00 PM »
So then... now you're suggesting that the Seed didn't do strip searches? Only Straight did that.

Actually, it didn't bother me. Would have, likely, if I hadn't been expecting it. Shit, I can only imagine how I might have acted if any of it had been a surprise. But it wasn't, Terry. Everything from the intake "interview" all the way through the nab raps, all of it was just exactly what I expected based on 10 years close contact with the Seed and Seedlings.

Redemption: Deliverance of sinners from the penalty of their sins through the murder of their deity against whom they sinned.
--Ambrose Bierce

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2005, 04:49:00 PM »
Why are you making this so friggin complicated.
Yes they did a search whenever anyone came on the program to see if the person had drugs on them.

Do you get it yet?

You are implying  that you were searched inappropriately at straight.  I'm sorry if that occured.

Plain and simple.

The End.

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2005, 04:54:00 PM »
Hey I have 4 younger siblings- they all knew about the seed too.

My at the time my 12 yr old brother was told by one of my "old friends" that the seed sucked.  He punched them.  

I guess he got a good impression of the Seed.

My younger brothers never went into the seed.  They didn't need it.  

I never pressed it.

Offline John Underwood

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2005, 04:59:00 PM »
Dear Ginger,
I personally didn't have to perform many strip searches (one of the priveledged senior staff as you are so found of saying), but to answer your question directly, not often. The word was out in Ft. Lauderdale. The last one I did where I actually found something (and maybe Marshall or others remember this because the guy was from Albany, Ga., and what was found was shown to the group as an example, if you try you will be caught): The guy pulled down his underwear and had his works kit with dope in it taped behind his scrotum. I remember this one so well, not because of the dope, but, as a man I cringed, I could not fathom the pain he must have endured sitting in a car from Albany to Ft. Lauderdale after seeing what he'd done.
How hard is it to figure out that if your running a drug rehab, every precaution has to be taken to keep drugs off the premises.
Again, it blows my mind that this even needs explaining.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2005, 06:47:00 PM »
Well how come the Seed, Straight and the other spin offs are the only ones to do this? Why don't they do strip searches in hospital settings? Surely they have the same desire to keep drugs away from their patients, don't they?

So... one time out of how many thousands of kids humiliated? And you sincerely think that's justified?

That's the problem here, I think. You guys are just obsessed w/ drugs the way the puritans were obsessed w/ witchcraft. Very like that, in fact.

The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
--John Adams, U.S. President

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2005, 07:11:00 PM »
Maybe because they are in hospital gowns. :idea:

Offline JaLong

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2005, 11:09:00 PM »
Thanks Greg and Lauderdale. Bruce and Linda went into the Lauderdale seed and were transfered to St. Pete seed. They were staff by CHOICE. As you said Greg, both were really messed up themselves, Linda still as far as I know. I also agree they had no buisness being on staff. They came from one of the most dysfunctional family that I have ever seen. I have put this whole situation away to Anothers hands, and that is where it will stay. Yes, he was 15 yrs old and made a poor choice which obviously hurt me. It's in the past now, and I won't talk about it again. I appreciate the kind words. I was a wee tad afraid I'd get some smart a** comments. Yes!!! I guess I can be honest and share here. Thanks.
Julie

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2005, 12:05:00 AM »

On 2005-09-22 08:27:00, Antigen wrote:

I can guess why cause I succumbed to it myself to a degree. We called that love. We repeated to ourselves and each other constantly that we did these violent things to each other out of love. Failure to adopt that perspective was just asking for a heaping helping of "love" yourself.

"

Exactly, and for the record, Straight, Inc. was a clone of the seed only missing the softshoeing short one and his cronies. I have watched videos of Straight and even been to raps in the modern day incarnation of the seed program ( a derivitive program of  a straight branch).  They use the steps, the serenity prayer, the same songs, the motivating, the open meetings, the confessionals..they yell "im coming home", they get put on refreshers...and yes they get strip searched. The similarities run much much deeper.

To dismiss things ginger says by saying "you weren't a seedling" is just avoiding the topic.  You may disagree, and you may have a very rational and reasonable argument to present.. but to try to shift focus from what she says onto her is an old tactic that just can't work here. It is a bit of learned behavior that frankly we could of all done without

Im sorry.
 :grin:

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2005, 07:26:00 AM »
Greg- I'll tell you what.  You always reply with the same tactics your own self brother.  You might want to take a look at your posts there is alot of commonality that gets a little redundant to me as well....Just for the record. :grin: