Author Topic: seed'70  (Read 19014 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
seed'70
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2005, 11:13:00 AM »
On 2005-09-23 04:31:00, Ft. Lauderdale wrote:

"Tom a sad story.

Now we can just wait ansd see how Greg or Antigen can twist this one around.  They will probably start with something like...  oh well... ya'all's guess is as good as mine."

What are you talking about? There is no shortage of sad and pathetic stories about people killing themselves and others under the influence of dangerous substances.

Hell, my mother drank and smoked the whole time she was pregnant with me, and I have internal heart problems likely as the cause of it.

I wish you would just stop making a mockery of this discussion and the people in it and start responding to the issues instead of attacking the people. It would be of great benefit to the discussion.  It really would. I believe when you stop this stuff you really have a lot to offer.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
seed'70
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2005, 01:42:00 PM »
This sounds a little fishy. I've never heard of THC needing strychnine as a bonding agent. I have heard of LSD needing it. Don't know if that's true or just another urban legend. Are you sure it wasn't LSD? Where would a dumb kid get isolated THC in those days anyway? I mean, now you can get dranabinol if you really really want it. But I've never seen it and only ever seen marinol in pill form once in my life. In fact, never even heard of anyone having, seeking or offering isolated THC in all my life, except every last stinking introduction at the Seed and Straight.

So I looked into the clinical effects of strychnine anyway. Shaw nuff, nothing like what you describe.

Are you really a doctor?

Don't worry about temptation--as you grow older, it starts avoiding you.  
-- Old Farmer's Almanac

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
seed'70
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »
A lot of times in the 70s and 80s, PCP was sold as "THC".  While THC can be synthesized, it's an an expensive process, and you won't get your money back on the finished product, so no one does it.  It can be extracted from plants, but the high is nothing like what is often sold as "THC", which is, more than likely, PCP.

Offline tom s.

• View Profile
seed'70
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2005, 02:22:00 PM »
Are you asking is my info true as remembered?Look into Beach Hospital admission records for end '70 or '71.I think that's the hospital.If not,do a little more research.It's too horrible an occurrance to be fiction.It's quite real when you consider how much strychnine was used in the 60s and early 70s.That IS what you're asking about, is it not?

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
seed'70
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2005, 02:36:00 PM »
Tom I do believe your story.

However, Beach hospital closed years ago.

Antigen mostly believes only negitive stories against the Seed automatically everything else has to be proven by her & magnum PI(boy am I dated) :grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
seed'70
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »
I had a friend tell me once of a drug she did once growing up near Jacksonville called "T" I believe it was powder form.. no clue what it was made up of..

She did it at the beach with some friends.. she passed out for hours and later somehow made it home.. where she passed out in a tub of mostly vinager (because she was so sun burned ).. somehow hours later made it to the bed and woke up 3 days later..

I noticed in thom's post he used the letter "t" to label the drug he was talking about.. Could it be the same stuff she told me about? because if thom meant 't' .. I have also heard stories of it. I also assumed it was pcp or sorts..Was there, in the late 70's a drug in Fla. called just "T"?

I ,imo ,don't see how any form of THC could produce effects like that..

Offline marshall

• View Profile
seed'70
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »
The powder you are describing was available in Georgia in the early-mid 70's too. People called it "T" and everyone said it was THC at the time. I bought and used loads of it. Whatever it was...it was not pcp. The tabs that were sold as THC were indeed PCP...at least they had all the effects of that drug. That pill-form pcp was the first drug I ever used besides pot. The effects of 'T' were much different. T seemed much more like a mild hallucinogen of some sort...maybe mescaline, MDA or some derivative. Effects were too short to be acid.

Tom, I don't doubt your story about the girl dying from whatever was in the punch. But I do question whether the agent was either THC (not at all likely for reasons others have stated) or strychnine poisoning. From my research, the whole (& very common) belief that lsd was cut with strychnine was indeed a sort of druggie urban legend.

Here's an article I found on the web that may expain the origin of the myth:

"Strychnine in LSD

This rumor is spread with abandon, explained variously as "strychnine is a by-product of the LSD production process" or "strychnine is used to bind the LSD to the blotter paper" or "LSD is cut with strychnine." Again, there?s little basis in truth for this one. The main argument against this rumor is that active levels of strychnine wouldn?t fit on a piece of blotter paper. There seem to be a couple of mentions of strychnine associated with LSD in the professional literature. One screening test in 1971 showed a trace amount of strychnine in a sample of LSD, but was never verified. Then, in LSD: My Problem Child, Hofmann describes one 1970 case where strychnine powder was sold as LSD, but no LSD was actually involved."
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
seed'70
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2005, 03:59:00 PM »
Why thank you, Terry. But I'm off my 3 daze now. I can speak for myself.

Tom, I wondered if the story you heard at the time had much to do w/ the facts of the case. I don't doubt that the girl died somehow or that you knew the admiting physician. But a LOT of raw bs about drugs flew freely as fact in those days. Still does. But most especially at the Seed.

The THC thing especially. I never knew till this day that anyone refered to PCP as THC. I always thought it was funny (ha ha funny, not odd... sort of my own private joke) that each and every newcomer in the Seed and Straight always claimed to have used THC in addition to pot.

So anyway, I went looking for info on what strychnine does. And it is as I vaguely remember from the last time I looked it up. It just doesn't do anything like what you described. So then I wondered how a practicing medical physician could be fooled, unless maybe you've just never had reason to question it. I imagine strychnine poisoning is extremely rare these days. I don't think I've ever heard a first or second hand account.

And I wonder what you think now about what really killed that poor girl.

Come the millennium,

month 12,

in the home of greatest power,

the village idiot will come forth to
be acclaimed the leader.
--Nostradamus

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
seed'70
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2005, 04:37:00 PM »
Please refer to me as Lauderdale.  Thats the 2nd time you did that.

Thankyou missy.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
seed'70
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2005, 05:16:00 PM »
Now that's silly. You've already said your name publicly and so have others.

O senseless man, who cannot possibly make a worm and yet will make Gods by the dozen!
--Michel Eyqyem de Montaigne, French essayist

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
seed'70
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2005, 07:47:00 PM »
On 2005-09-23 12:01:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I had a friend tell me once of a drug she did once growing up near Jacksonville called "T" I believe it was powder form.. no clue what it was made up of..

She did it at the beach with some friends.. she passed out for hours and later somehow made it home.. where she passed out in a tub of mostly vinager (because she was so sun burned ).. somehow hours later made it to the bed and woke up 3 days later..

I noticed in thom's post he used the letter "t" to label the drug he was talking about.. Could it be the same stuff she told me about? because if thom meant 't' .. I have also heard stories of it. I also assumed it was pcp or sorts..Was there, in the late 70's a drug in Fla. called just "T"?

I ,imo ,don't see how any form of THC could produce effects like that.."

Sounds like PCP to me---trust me, I know about drugs.....

Offline tom s.

• View Profile
seed'70
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2005, 08:15:00 PM »
I live N.of you in Va.I was in S.Fla for a visit and/or a stay after 15 years north and the population was way too much for my family's safety.I don't know what the hell I was thinking about.Moving back out was the best thing for us.Delving into the internet was like long distance burrowing.Why the fheck would I lie about anything on this or any type of forum without proof or undisputable proof for any reason that may be able to be grasped or not like smoke from the past cannot possibly be logical in a possible dispute concerning matters of the heart.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
seed'70
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2005, 08:49:00 PM »
tom, if your not prepared to be the object of outrageous, erroneous assumptions, and unfounded character assassination, you at da wrong place

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
seed'70
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »
Oh, shut up, anon.

Tom, no, I don't think you're lying. I just wonder if Art (or whoever first told the tale) may have been misinformed or, maybe, "coloring" the details just a bit for effect.

Fact is, clinical signs of strychnine don't include slack muscles anywhere, nevermind only on one side of the victim's face. That sounds more like a stroke to me.

I think we've got a very reasonable explanation for the THC thing. But, as a doctor, do you think that what you saw was consistent w/ strychnine poisoning?  

Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"
Priest: "No, not if you did not know."
Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
--Annie Dillard, "Pilgrim at Tinker Creek"

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
seed'70
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2005, 09:49:00 PM »
On 2005-09-23 17:49:00, Anonymous wrote:

"tom, if your not prepared to be the object of outrageous, erroneous assumptions, and unfounded character assassination, you at da wrong place"

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Yeah, I second that!

I don't go lookin' for trouble. I just keep a little in a box should someone come by who is.
--Bill Warbis