Author Topic: What's Really Happening to all the Katrina Donations?  (Read 2079 times)

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
What's Really Happening to all the Katrina Donations?
« on: September 15, 2005, 10:49:00 PM »
Anyone starting to wonder if the millions of dollars are really going to make it to the victims of hurricane Katrina?

I had a disturbing call at work today regarding one such family. It seems they are registered with some well known organizations to "prove" their victim status to get "help". It seems so far they have been on their own and have been pretty much only offered food.

I'm going to give some of these organizations a call that are raking in millions and ask what is it exactly that they are helping with. I recall on one such website if I donated a $100 it would provide cleaning supplies and food for 2 days for a family of four. Seems a bit inflated IMO since I do run an emergency food pantry and I spend around $200 to provide groceries for 30 to 60 families in a week. I'm quite sure they have the same connections where there is a substancial discount on the food we purchase.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.