Author Topic: Casa by the Sea - 1 year later  (Read 6324 times)

Offline 4peace

• View Profile
Casa by the Sea - 1 year later
« on: September 08, 2005, 07:58:00 AM »
It's coming up on the one year anniversary of Casa by the Sea being shut down! Anyone from there have anything to say now that they've been free for a year?  I'd love to hear from some of those kids.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 08:55:00 AM »
Unfortunately, many of them just got sent to another WWASP facility like Dace's new venture, Darrington Academy.

Offline 4peace

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »
I guess my son was one of the lucky ones, hopefully not the ONLY lucky one who didn't get sent elsewhere.  His dad (who put him in there) drove and brought him home when that hellhole closed up.  Within two weeks, he came to live w/me (his mom) across the country from where Dad lives.
It affects him, I see it in different ways, still.  It's been on his mind lately due to the anniversary coming up.  
I hope some one, even just one other kid, got to go home.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »
In what ways does it still affect him?
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline 4peace

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 05:10:00 PM »
First thing that comes to mind is that he *always* has an escape plan, no matter where he is or what he's doing.  He never was like that before.  He talks semi-often about things such as "if I had to, I could kill someone".  He always has a knife on him, and a big one by his bed, he didn't have the *need* for that before.  I can't come up behind him and hug him, he still jumps and turns around quickly in a really defensive (and scarey) manner, he certainly didn't do this before.  He takes the longest and hottest showers of anyone I've ever known; guess he's still compensating for those 2 min's of cold water.  
How could I forget: he *could NOT* fall asleep after he got out, not without dropping from exhaustion.  His brain would race if he'd lay down. He'd wake up frequently, then not be able to go back to sleep, he'd have horrendous nightmares, reinforcing that he didn't want to go back to sleep.  He's on medication for sleeping now and it's much better.  
This is just some of the stuff I could think of quickly after reading your post.  If I think of more, I'll post them later.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 06:37:00 PM »
On 2005-09-08 14:10:00, 4peace wrote:

"First thing that comes to mind is that he *always* has an escape plan, no matter where he is or what he's doing.  He never was like that before.  He talks semi-often about things such as "if I had to, I could kill someone".  He always has a knife on him, and a big one by his bed, he didn't have the *need* for that before.  I can't come up behind him and hug him, he still jumps and turns around quickly in a really defensive (and scarey) manner, he certainly didn't do this before.  He takes the longest and hottest showers of anyone I've ever known; guess he's still compensating for those 2 min's of cold water.  

How could I forget: he *could NOT* fall asleep after he got out, not without dropping from exhaustion.  His brain would race if he'd lay down. He'd wake up frequently, then not be able to go back to sleep, he'd have horrendous nightmares, reinforcing that he didn't want to go back to sleep.  He's on medication for sleeping now and it's much better.  

This is just some of the stuff I could think of quickly after reading your post.  If I think of more, I'll post them later."

Don't take this wrong but it's possible your son is taking longer showers for another reason.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 07:45:00 PM »
On 2005-09-08 14:10:00, 4peace wrote:

"First thing that comes to mind is that he *always* has an escape plan, no matter where he is or what he's doing.  He never was like that before.  He talks semi-often about things such as "if I had to, I could kill someone".  He always has a knife on him, and a big one by his bed, he didn't have the *need* for that before.  I can't come up behind him and hug him, he still jumps and turns around quickly in a really defensive (and scarey) manner, he certainly didn't do this before.  He takes the longest and hottest showers of anyone I've ever known; guess he's still compensating for those 2 min's of cold water.  

This is just some of the stuff I could think of quickly after reading your post.  If I think of more, I'll post them later."

This is a typical psychological reaction to the harsh, nonsensical, inconsistent BM programs.

One loses the ability to trust others and even themselves.  It takes some time to recover from this.  It's extremely traumatizing to the developing mind.

I hope everything works out.  I'm sure with the amount of pure understanding you have been expressing here that your son will come around.  He's just feeling isolated, distrusting and untrustworthy (this was, possibly quite literally, beaten into his head).

-Arnold Schopenhauer[ This Message was edited by: Dysfunction Junction on 2005-09-09 05:38 ]
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 05:22:00 AM »
yeah I went through the same thing after I got out of PCS.  I guess when you're there and they're watching you constantly, you can't leave, you can't look out the window, you can't even kill yourself. It's pure hell.  Every little thing because a huge thing because no world outside the walls exists. all you ever do is think of how many chances you missed to run before they brought you there and that you would do anything, even kill, to get away.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 02:24:00 AM »
i got out of case 2 years ago this february. it was the absolute worst experience of my life and I still have nightmares and anxiety from the experience.

Offline 4peace

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2005, 04:01:00 PM »
Anon, two years huh?  How are you doing, besides the anxiety and nightmares?  Do you get along with your parents?  Are you in school, or working, or ??
Are you able to make friends and trust them?  
Please let us know how you're doing, I'm interested.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 01:41:00 AM »
It's a piece of crap bullshit school that deserved to be shut down!!!!  I'm a parent and there is no amount of money that will keep me away from closing down or degrading this wwasp schooling.  If I have to, I will go to the media and stop any referral I can!!!  Let's put it this way they didn't take all my money and I'll never stop!!!!!  Good Luck in life and tear their little empire down, afterall,we must remove small rocks before we remove the mountain!!!!!!!!!!!!  Even if it's one student at a time.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »
Yikes!!! Tell us how you really feel? Do me a favor, before you go to the media, repeat after me kuzfrabah, kuzfrabah, kuz-fra-bah!!! Okay, GO!!!!
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2005, 01:37:00 PM »
How about all you wwasps kids shut the fuck up and stop complaining. Man you guys are the worst of the worst, the scum of America's youth. You had to be one serious burden on society for your parents to send you to places like fucking Jamaica, Mexico, Costa Rica...hell, the fuckin Czech Republic! Plenty of kids get sent away, but the ones with a hope and a prayer get sent to schools like CEDU or Hyde. Have you ever seen the anti-wwasps group on myspace? Bunch of fucking freaks. They should've just locked you all in tranquility bay for life. When I have kids, I'm not gonna feel safe knowing there are freaks like you walking around. Fortunately, most of you are probably destined for state pens anyways.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005, 08:17:00 PM »
I'm all ears.... why do you think CEDU, and Hyde are such great alternatives to WWASP schools? You sound like a brilliant individual, please enlighten us. Personally, I think parents give up a little too easily on their kids. BTW, I don't recommend you having children anytime soon. It sounds like you have some issues you need to deal with.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2005, 09:55:00 PM »
Gee wheez,

You dude sound like a well adjusted individual.