Author Topic: Break-out at Vision Quest, Venango Co., PA  (Read 12004 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
Break-out at Vision Quest, Venango Co., PA
« on: September 05, 2005, 01:36:00 PM »
There was a small article in the local paper about 4 kids who recently stole a jeep and escaped from a Vision Quest program in Venango Co., PA!!!!!!  More power to 'em i say.  God bless those kids and i hope they never get caught. ::cheers::  :skull:  :skull:  :skull:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 01:58:00 PM »
:grin: Woo hoo!

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for a reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
--Albert Einstein, German-born American physicist

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »
Really! Do tell. I just searched the Trib and found nada about it. How long ago was this?

I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone, I'm just here for the drugs.
--First Lady, Nancy Reagan at a Just Say No rally

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline AtomicAnt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »
I grew up in Crawford County, PA right on the border with Venango County. I didn't know there were programs in the area. Which local paper? Where in Venango County?

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 03:27:00 PM »
It was jus' a small side article in the Butler Eagle about 2-3 weeks ago.  Not many details.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »
I keep hearing about VQ. I know it's big in PA, especially these rural counties. They get a lot of adjudicated youth. They've had some deaths, but not a whole lot of the kind of consistent, continual complaints we hear from a lot of these places. I ran into a young man at the hospital who's baby was a patient. He told me his story. It was not that shocking. Poor treatment by hospital standards, not half as bad as prisonn. Most importantly, they had no real drive to recruite or turn parent against child. At least, that was the most important thing to me. That and, after about a 2 minute run down about Straight, Inc and the rest of the industry, the young man was slack jawed and speechless.

But I opened a forum on VQ none the less. Whatever the story is, good, bad or ambivalent, I hope ppl will eventually come around and tell it.

Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise.
--James Madison, U.S. President

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 04:33:00 AM »
What I can't understand about VQ is how they manage to kill so many people but we still hardly ever hear about it here.

Offline The Elan Reporter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 10:01:00 AM »
On 2005-09-06 01:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

"What I can't understand about VQ is how they manage to kill so many people but we still hardly ever hear about it here."

Sometimes you can catch stories of kids dying on dateline nbc and other news casts like that. I saw not long ago I thinmk on dateline? Not sure. A student died at VQ. The mother of the child was trying so desperatly to get the truth out. VQ deprived her daughter of water and the girl aslo complained of cramps. Soon after she died, it was very sad.

VQ is a horrible place, I was there briefly, fortunately I escaped after 1 month when I had to go back to my hometown for court. Funny thing was VQ called for reenforcements to track me in my hometown. they had 2-3 diferent vehicles with 2 plus guys in it searching for me.

They staked out mey girlfriend at the time house. He father who was a "Pagan" heard from her daugher,my lover, that they followed her all around town, hoping to find me. Well that didnt go well with her DAD, and he and a couple of his biker pagan brothers approached the fan confronted the 2 VQ men and pulled them out and beat the holy hell out of them.

THey beat both of these buys down so bad, they had to be taken away in a ambulance. Her Dad never got arrested or questioned fo rthe incident, and the 2 VQ people after finding out who the men were (pagan's) had nothing to say to law enforcement.

VQ is a sick place to send a child. They amke all their students sleep in a tipis with no heat in it in the winter. You are forced to live in the wilderness. You only get 2 showers a week, and are treated like a prisoner or worse.
fArt Warshitsky sucks dicks!!!

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 10:37:00 AM »
:nworthy:  :nworthy:

A very impressive very pleasing story Reporter.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline The Elan Reporter

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 10:37:00 AM »
TY overlord.
fArt Warshitsky sucks dicks!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2005, 09:16:00 PM »
i don' doubt it    :skull:  [ This Message was edited by: starry-eyed pirate on 2005-09-06 18:18 ]

Offline youthadvocate

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 06:08:00 PM »
That was back in the day.  They no longer sleep in tipis.  They now have heated (and air conditioned) long houses and get daily showers.  But the program is completely worthless and a waste of months or years of a young person's life.