Author Topic: Girls, do tell - how was the reunion?  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Girls, do tell - how was the reunion?
« on: August 27, 2005, 12:33:00 AM »
I have some questions for those of you who attended the reunion, if you would be willing to share.

1. Were you able to see the girls currently attending MMS or were they kept away from you?

2. Most of you have read girls' stories and have posted your own. If you have been an MMS supporter, did any old memories come back that caused you to change your mind?

3. Did going there spark old memories, ones that might validate what these girls have been saying about their negative experiences at MMS?

4. If you felt intimidated by John or any of the others, for that matter, did you still feel taht way when you were there?

5. If you were someone who has posted here about a negative experience at MMS, do you see things any differently now that you have gone back? Has it changed your feelings at all?

6. And finally, how was it reuniting with old friends after all this time?

It would be intersting to see how those who went felt after they returned. Please do share.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Girls, do tell - how was the reunion?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 01:19:00 PM »
1.  Yes, we were able to see the girls, sit with them, have dinner with them, talk to them.  

2.  I am an MMS supporter and it was only strengthened with seeing John, Colleen, and Gary.  Getting to talk to them in person again was awesome.  Seeing John with his little girls was precious and wonderful.  Mostly good memories came up.  And the occasional.. oh yes, that's the fence I built.  Oh yes... there's the shit I shoveled.  

3.  This is a bizarre questions.  The girls who have bad memories and had a hard time there are completely valid in everything they said!  I didn't have that experience, and going back didn't make me remember an experience I didn't have.  

4.  I didn't feel intimidated by anyone... we're all adults now, and we were all treated that way.  

5.  N/A

6.  And it was AWESOME to see everyone after all this time!  I've been really into getting in touch with people for the last 6 months or so, so this was the icing on the cake.  It was sad that it was only a day though... John talked about doing an alumni trip at some point and that would just be wonderful!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »