Author Topic: Former student  (Read 3957 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Former student
« on: August 16, 2005, 11:12:00 AM »
I went to Mark and Cheryls school about 5 years ago.  I never really saw any abuse by them but I would say that Cheryl is kinda crazy.  She would almost act like a little girl that would throw a fit unless she got her way.  Screaming and crying during group when you didnt agree with her.  I think shes got some issues she needs to work out before she can help teenagers.  Mark on the other hand isnt crazy I think, hes just under Cheryls thumb and does what she wants.  I have seen mark protest Cheryls decisions on many occasions.
   I also agree with some people here that Cheryl does single out the kids she doesnt like.  I was never one of them but I noticed she tended to pick on the weaker kids almost like a bully.  She didnt even get mad at another kid when he called this black kid a nigger.  She also didnt care to much when the kids she like picked on the weaker kids, it was almost funny to her.
   I could go on and on but I wont because you've all heard it before.  Mark and Cheryl arent satan,  I actually think there not that bad, but when your dealing with other peoples kids you got to do it the right way because thats what people are paying for.  What is the right way?  I don't know, but I do know that they made a ton of obvious mistakes that wouldn't be approved if they were being watched 24/7 by the state.
Formor Student
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Former student
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 12:09:00 PM »
Former student: what you may see as "mistakes" is what the State and law officials most probably classify as "abuse." Calling a student a "NIGGER" is a violation of that student's civil rights, and like it or not--that is against the LAW, and is illegal. Cheryl Sudweeks allowing other students to "pick on weaker students and laughing about it" just may be child abuse too--depending on the nature, extent and degree of the "picking on." Cheryl Sudweeks does not have a LICENSE to be running Group Therapy Session, SO that in itself is WRONG--and parents PAID GOOD MONEY to have their children in Group Therapy that was to be conducted by a LICENSED THERAPIST!
Cheryl Sudweeks was PAID to run a SCHOOL...not to BULLY anybody...not to single out kids she didn't like..not to "act crazy."
No one is picking on YOU here at all. But it is people like you that authorities need to talk to. People who have no axe to grind, so to speak,  and who can answer their questions without being emotionally involved-- and explain exactly what behaviors and incidents they did observe.
Perhaps you can register with a "name" here so you can receive Private Messages.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Former student
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 09:39:00 PM »
Former student: what "mistakes" did you observe that the STATE would not approve of?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Former student
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 04:53:00 AM »
Most of you people on here act dumb.  You fight back and forth with Mark and Cheryl like you are little kids.  I know that a lot has gone on in the past and present, no shit.  I have talked to the authorities.   I was just posting to all of you a bit of my experince.  Now your acting just like Cheryl would, breaking it down to the nittty-gritty and freaking out at the little things.  I know she was paid to run a school and for GOOD MONEY.  Duh.  My family paid out the ass.  And whats this, "people like you" shit?  Just because I said I dont think they are that bad I am being ridiculed.  I am 100% on your side since my diploma was FALSE!!!

As for the persone that asked about the "mistakes" I saw, they wernt to far off from what you have been hearing on this site, except, I didnt seen any abuse.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Former student
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 06:50:00 AM »

No one is picking on YOU here at all. But it is people like you that authorities need to talk to. People who have no axe to grind, so to speak,  and who can answer their questions without being emotionally involved-- and explain exactly what behaviors and incidents they did observe.

Perhaps you can register with a "name" here so you can receive Private Messages. "

Read this again poster, I dont think this person intended to insult you with the phrase "people like you". They were commenting that people like you who were there and dont have an motive in reporting their observations should speak to the authorities so that a clearer picture can be obtained.

It's not always easy to read and hear the intention of a poster I know, but I would hate for you to be thinking it was a derogitory comment when it wasnt.

Thanks for posting your observations, they are important to understanding what went on there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Former student
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005, 05:20:00 PM »
Former Student: I posted the phrase, "people like you." By that I meant- someone who was at the Whitmore, and who is not emotionally upset, and who is mature, and has a viewpoint that is not filled with anger. By no means was it to belittle you at all.

Sorry your diploma was "FALSE" and that your money spent on education was wasted.
That's exactly why there is a civil suit filed.
The Sudweeks should pay back YOUR money too!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Former student
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 12:45:00 AM »
I am also a former student my name is COREY
whall at the white more i did NO school work,i got hit by cheryl my first week there,i viewed cheryl hit kid,i fought other kids w/o any concquences,i did drugs and many many many other illegal things whll there    that place is a big fucking scam im not saying they had bed intentions and were tryin to hurt kids but thats the way it was I WANT MY 50,000$ back.. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh my money thoes mother fuckers

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Former student
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »
Corey, if you want your money back, contact one of the parents who posts on this site for information about the civil suit that has been filed. Or register here on this forum, using any name you choose, so you can receive a private message, OK?
By the way: bad intentions OR NOT, Cheryl Sudweeks does not, and did not have the right to ever hit any kid. And that is why she has been CHARGED with criminal child abuse, and is facing a criminal trial right now!
 And you should have been getting an education DAILY, because that is what you parents were paying THOUSANDS of dollars for.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Former student
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 06:18:00 PM »
Since Cheryl Sudweeks is not a therapist, what is her agenda in these Group Sessions? Can any former students explain this behavior of her's?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Former student
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 07:27:00 PM »
Corey, if you are still reading this forum, leave contact information, OK?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Former student
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005, 09:18:00 PM »
Corey are you still interested in getting your money back?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Former student
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2005, 02:44:00 PM »
Corey, maybe you could call Cheryl Sudweeks and ask her nicely for a refund.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Former student
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2005, 02:05:00 PM »
Any updates on the request?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Former student
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 01:04:00 AM »
its COREY again. umm as far as how to reach me you can e mail me at  [email protected]. and yes i still want my money back. not olny for the soul fact that it was MY yes my coreys money. and not to mention the service that was spousto be given was NOT given not to mention the emotional/phsical abuse that went on in that place. also no liscenced therapist for mounths untill tim got there witch then was olny 1 family(no individual)meeting once every two weeks. not one group ran by a liscenced thearpist the whole time i was there.at one point for a month or somthing it was all kids living at the boys house not one adult no one over 18 but for one kid who was 18 and in the program. many many many other things.im not sayin and never have that these people had bad intentions but i think money was a big factor that was never talked about and im fuckin pised this is some bull shit i did lean shit but if anything i was worse when i came back then before i went. and like i said before I STILL WANT MY MONEY BACK. bye bye ever one COREY

p.s. on another note most the kids i see posting and saying the program was sucessfull or shit like that or all that family shit. the ones who i had seen posting DID NOT NEED TO BE in a residential treatment center/behavior modification program..... they were not out of control kids. they needed to be repremamded by tehre parents. or  mabey a bording school or somthing.... just a thought on my mind.......and im happy that i share my thoughs. i think it is verry good

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Former student
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 12:25:00 PM »
Corey, what do you think the Sudweeks "intentions" were?  They advertise that they offer therapy and education, which they DO NOT. So what were their intentions? What do you think the purpose was of Cheryl's marathon Group sessions?  What do you think the purpose was of having kids beat up on other kids? What do you think the purpose was of Cheryl hitting you? What was the purpose of "the shelve,"  "the clothes" and monitoring communications to the parents? Why all the yelling, hitting, denying food?  This doesn't sound like "good intentions" at all.