Author Topic: try and look at it this way  (Read 7324 times)

Offline BarnardlyB

• View Profile
try and look at it this way
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 10:48:00 PM »
On 2006-07-04 15:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I appreciated what you had to say Betsy even though I think my years there were equally as difficult as anyones. I hope to meet you some day."

Thank you anon, I hope to meet you someday too. Feel free to message me any time.
Emotionally I beleive all girls had the same hard time, physically 94-97 were damn hard.....

Kat, I don't try and a blindly attribute everyones being alive to there experience at MMS. But everyone is alive due to the turn of events in there lives, which concequently was MMS......can you see what im saying.
We all lived through it and some of us are more worse for wear than others....thats all I guess.
I don't try to piss you off, yet that seems all I do.

Two individuals dancing on our own two feet, & when were together...its beautiful[ This Message was edited by: BarnardlyB on 2006-07-05 19:50 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ou are you
I am I,
Two individuals dancing on our own two feet, & when were together...its beautiful

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2006, 03:00:00 AM »
On 2006-07-05 19:48:00, BarnardlyB

Kat, I don't try and a blindly attribute everyones being alive to there experience at MMS. But everyone is alive due to the turn of events in there lives, which concequently was MMS......can you see what im saying.

We all lived through it and some of us are more worse for wear than others....thats all I guess.

I don't try to piss you off, yet that seems all I do.

No, you don't piss me off.  i just don't think you make a whole lot of sense, assumming that it;s a matter up for debate- to convince folks can attribute their successes to MMS when that wasn't what happened for them...for me.

I don't get why that's so unclear to you. To say everyone is alive (by that I assume you mean doing well? not just breathing) because of certain events, as if all events contribute equally and positively to one's being 'alive' simply because it happened. Life isn't linear that way. You have things that cause pain, that cause harm, things that heal and things the help you grow.  While you can learn from your pain or harm done, that doesn't mean that the harm itself contributes to your well being directly- that's contrary to the definition of harm!  For those MMS harmed there's not direct cause and effect b/c doing well and the MMs experience.

If MMs did for you, great.  Obviously that's not the case for all and that's a serious problem, and some of the things can be characterized as mistreatment-again, a serious problem, regardless of what picture you want to paint, or your experience.  It's not a matter of convincing anyone that MMS was helpful, it either was or it wasn't, or perhaps even kind of was, or could have been if... that doesn't change things.

If a facility harms kids it's a problem, this is not acceptable.  A facility that claims to cure can't risk damaging kids in the name of helping some.

As I said, sure, I think learning how to ski was helpful in some way, I guess... just like learning any other sport- that's not what I was sent their for though... that did not help in adressing things, the environment was not conducive to real healing...I need more that to learn to camp and ski.

[ This Message was edited by: katfish on 2006-07-06 00:06 ]
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »
I don't get why that's so unclear to you. To say everyone is alive (by that I assume you mean doing well? not just breathing) because of certain events, as if all events contribute equally and positively to one's being 'alive' simply because it happened.

Actually, not everyone is alive.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »
I was there when you were betsy.  I am glad that you have grown up and that mms was a good experience for you.  I'm sincerely happy that your parents found the right place for you.
For me, that place was hell.  I remember being singled out.  I remember other girls always raising issue with me to appease the staff, especially john and mike.  I remember gary and yuma being the only people I felt like cared about me at all.  I even remember you, living in the same cabin, ostricizing me.
But I'm glad you say you are different now.

Offline BarnardlyB

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2006, 01:35:52 AM »
Dear Anon,
Im not sure who you are (obvioulsy) there were lots of girls there and I had many years there as well.
I am different and im truly sorry for how i treated you and others. Im sorry you felt ostricized by me, and Im sorry for being so mean to you. I hope to find who you are so i can personally respond to you, I do remember certian times and situations.
B
ou are you
I am I,
Two individuals dancing on our own two feet, & when were together...its beautiful