Author Topic: One more thing...  (Read 13444 times)

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
One more thing...
« on: August 12, 2005, 02:46:00 AM »
When I 'stumbled' on this forum, (actually, in a time-warp, googled "The Seed" one night) I was ecstatic! What a hoot to find all of us 'pros' and 'cons' discussing something obviously very near and dear to ALL of us! It was great to read all the posts, opinions, memories and trivia.  We've all shared our sentiments, sorrows, elations, etc.  It's brought a flood of memories to the front of my brain I had stowed but will never forget.  Yes, it's bitter-sweet, with all our wonderful stories and varied perceptions (as clarified as they are) the obvious fact remains; we are all fairly intelligent individuals with our passions, soul and spirit intact. Therefore, the slant towards the "cons" vs the "pros" is not dissimilar to the reporting of LA Times, Washington Post, Tampa Tribune or Orange County Register.  The bummer of it all, is the fact this forum has become very sophmoric and is no longer informative nor educational.  My point is, grow up, move on and, dare I say it, again..."Get the fuck over it already!"  Those of you who disagree w/ my statement can move on -I am WAY OVER being sucked into your 'miserable, drama ridden, resentful, hateful, paranoid, little world that you people seem to thrive in.  My humble opinion??? You have WAY too much time on your hands and SHOULD be on your GRATEFUL KNEES to whomever you worship, giving thanks that you are ABOVE ground for Christ's sake!!

Really have lost my interst and/or compassion to 'share' w/ most of you anymore.  That's the way to KILL a good forum...

My "two cents" - love ya!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
bid you peace!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 05:05:00 AM »
Good Riddance moron !  You and your post were very boring and will not be missed !  :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 08:40:00 AM »
Oh contraire- Robin you will be missed. Forgive the above tweeb for he no not what he hath done.
 :wave:

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 10:21:00 AM »
Yup, many of the posts are sophomoric and all of that, including my own. You're going to take your ball and go home now, is that it? Too bad; but I don't know why. At least half the postings here are very pro-Seed. Some very anti. Probably most are struggling with what was good, what was bad. It's a process, and I am really glad to be a part of it. Maybe you will post again, I hope so. Or maybe you want to hang on to your opinions unchallenged. That's OK by me!
ally Gator

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 11:03:00 AM »
Robin,
It has always been like a breath of fresh air to see what you had to say.  I do understand how you feel.  It seems that whenever any of us says anything positive about the Seed we are condemmed for it.  

I just wanted you to know you were my favorite person on this site to listen to and you will be dearly missed.  

You always seemed to say the things I also felt about my life and the Seed.

I wish you the very best.

Lots of Love and Peace to you......

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 01:08:00 PM »
jesus guys..and vise versa. That is what the forum is all about.

Someone posts somehting positive and someone with a different experience counters.

Someone post something negative and a seed supporter says bullshit.

In the end, hopefully the truth finds its way.

Those that wanna hold hands and sing zipetdoodah have come to the wrong place, as have those that want a one sided 30 year old pity party.

personally,  I think you people are weird.

:grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 01:20:00 PM »
Ditto.  I always liked reading Robin's posts.  What a breath of fresh air.  I have always been non-confrontational pre/post Seed, which is why I generally don't post here.  But Robin you will be missed by people like me, who feel much the same way you do.

I will miss you too.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 01:37:00 PM »
ROBIN,  ROBIN,  ROBIN, ROBIN, ROBIN

WE WANT ROBIN!!!!!!!!!!!! ::kma::  ::kma::  ::kma::  ::kma::  ::kma::

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
One more thing...
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »
Talk about cussin' the farmer w/ your mouth full. Why don't you guys just set up your own forum where you can delete, with impunity, anything that challenges your opinions?

A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

--Anonymous

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2005, 08:43:00 AM »
::bigsmilebounce::  ::bigsmilebounce::  ::bigsmilebounce::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2005, 03:33:00 PM »
I imagine spittle covered screens from people like Ginger and Stripe with the venom, hatred and animosity that is spewed toward one and all.  I'm thinking they need to lighten up a bit.  Everything in life is not coercive or subversive and not everyone has agenda.  And Greg about the time I think you're okay, you veer off on a tangent and denigrate the rest of us for not thinking or feeling like you.  It was 30+ years ago for god's sake, and each of us has moved on in our lives, far past what happened when we were teenagers, or at least we should have by now.  The time spent at the Seed does not represent the sum total of who we are as adults.  And for anyone who hasn't gotten beyond it, I'm pretty positive they would have been a mess in their adult lives anyways, even if they hadn't been there.   There are always those people who have to blame someone and something for every real or imagined wrong in the lives.   As for those of us who don't have any "real" problems with what happened to us during our time at the Seed, you accuse us of having our heads up our asses and living in a fantasy land.  I neither have my head up my ass nor live in a fantasy land.  My friends, co-workers and bosses who don't know a thing about the Seed, think I'm one of the most compassionate, grounded, common sense individuals they've ever met.  I raised good kids who are happy and productive members of society, I have good friends and I am happy with my life.  Not too shabby in the grand scheme of things.  So I go blissfully on with my life, living it one day at a time, dealing with what comes my way and having no regrets or remorse.  

Does that make me weird?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
One more thing...
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2005, 05:02:00 PM »
On 2005-08-13 12:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

Does that make me weird?

If so, we're all pretty weird. You seem to imply that anyone who disagrees with you must be a mess. You don't think that's a bit offensive?Well, I dissagree with you and am not a mess.

I'm well over what happened to my family 20 - 30 years ago. I'll get over the TC method employed by coercion and, often, at public expense when that's no longer happening.

Thought that is silenced is always rebellious. Majorities, of course, are often mistaken. This is why the silencing of minorities is necessarily dangerous. Criticism and dissent are the indispensable antidote to major delusions.
--  ALAN BARTH, The Loyalty of Free Men, 1951.

Straight, Sarasota
   10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
return undef() if /coercion/i;
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2005, 07:26:00 PM »
It is so obvious you cannot have a discourse with someone who disagrees with you without attacking.  I made no implication of anything, just my own feelings and observations.  See I am entitled to those as well.  In my own day to day life I  steer very clear of people like you and with your continued drama over every little thing and not being able to let go.  People like you wear me out.   Sometimes, life and what happens is nothing more, nothing less, it just is what it is.

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »
Stripe here, Anon, replying to you.

I have let you and every one else know exactly who I am.  I am not ashamed of any decision or choice I have ever made - except one: voluntarily staying at the seed after being graduated, spouting dogma and supporting the what I see as the oppression of other innocents. If being called venomnous is the only consequence I have for that, I'll gladly let you slap me with snakes and smear the venom on myself.    

I am truly glad that you have raised your children well and that they have grown up safe. I am also glad that folks think you are compassionate and kind and all the other things you say about your self. My friends, my family, my professional associates, etc.,  all say those same things about me, too.  I too have raised an incredibly compassionate, intelligent, truly wonderful young man of whom I am so proud it makes my heart burst.  We are not that different, are we?

I don't know you so I can't really think any thing about you. But I do know this - you and I have never ever walked in each other's shoes.  Maybe you needed to live your life by the addiction code of the seed.  I didn't.  I chose not to live by a code that was imposed from the outside and proved to be purley USELESS to me.  

The crime of the seed, its supporters, sleeping staff members, sleeping addict proponents, the lifelong seedlings and the program progeny is that the place and participants refuse to allow free thought or action. They believed that any person not involved and towing the company line - any non-seeder, was or is an inherenltly bad person.  Kind of like what you think about me. How could that be? How could every one in the world be bad except the people in the warehouse?  

That's no differet than the experience I had at the Baptist school where I was told by the preacher/teacher that every religion in the world was wrong but the Baptists - there was only one true religion.  "Even the people who never heard the word of God and had their own religions?" I asked. Yep, going to hell.  hmmmm.  There's a conflict here.    

I think the rehab industry is, to use a term I despise to this day, a "fullofshit" industry. But worse than being "fullofshit," it's an industry.  And you and I and every other seed graduate or non-graduate, we are products of the industry, like it or not. We were imprinted with a programmed thought pattern - a set of specific regs to follow - a paradigm under which to operate. (you say a goodseed/ I say a bad seed).  But either way, we both were imprinted with that knowledge and sent out in the world to use it for the betterment of the seed society.  And what does not fit into the paradigm is totally rejected - from sibligs to parents, to friends, to jobs, to schools, to lovers, husbands and wives.  Just your basic experiment in social engineering.  Only no one asked us if we wanted to be part of it. No one.

I don't know you so I don;t know whether you have taken any significant steps or had any significant experiences to date that have  challenged your own belief about your personal experience at the seed.  You have accepted it as just another part of your life - "it is what it is," to quote you.

Being put in theseed was NOT a normal experience.  Volunatrily going into theseed was not, I repeat, not a normal experience either. I don't think we should so easily dismiss the experience as "it is what it is".

The brain hurts and BIG problems arise when lifelong conformance is challenged. Ask Martin Luther King - well ya can't, but look at history.  When any person or group challenges the mindset, there's hell to pay.*

It's not confortable for me now and it has caused and still causes some pretty clear dividing lines in my life. How do you  determine that I have not "gotten over it" ? You have as much as decided my adult life was probably uncontrolled and messy without the benefit of EVER having personally known me.  That is a pretty big assumption for you to make about any person, let alone someone you do not know.   Life is not about control and neatness. Life is, in fact, quite messy, it's what happens when we are trying to control everything.

That folks continue to buy into the conformity and accuse me of spouting venom, hatred and spittle- that you dislike what I have to say so much tells me it's not a challenge you care to confront at this time and that's okay.  Please, don't just blanketly assume in such a "pat answer" fashion that I'm not over it - that I am a fuck-up because I don't tow the company line or lay back and just accept what happend to me as okay.  

Instead of just accepting it as "it is what it is" I think my experience requires me to  understand what happened and how it happend so that I can work now to never let something like that happen to me or any one else I love.  

I'll continue to post here and take the shots,  cheap or deserved.  I'll consider your points and concede when I agree or my opinion has been changed.  But I truly do believe that these programs are inherently dangerous for all humanity. Then and now.    

* Reference the song:  Holiday in Cambodia by the Dead Kennedys, I believe, circa 1982?.  Cambodia under Pol Pot - the terrible results of a despot's wicked desire to rid the society of all intelligensia and non-conformists. I don't think I need an extreme make over or an extreme re-education camp. Well, I'd take the extreme make-over if it were free... :razz:     [ This Message was edited by: Stripe on 2005-08-13 19:35 ]
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
One more thing...
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2005, 06:42:00 AM »
On 2005-08-13 12:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

There are always those people who have to blame someone and something for every real or imagined wrong in the lives...I neither have my head up my ass nor live in a fantasy land...I have good friends and I am happy with my life...So I go blissfully on with my life, living it one day at a time, dealing with what comes my way and having no regrets or remorse.
Does that make me weird?"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??  Of course you're weird! You have been posting on the wrong site, my friend...ANYWAY, all kidding aside, I just want to thank all of you special peeps for your kind words to me and know we'll be keeping in touch beyond this downer of a website...Peace, my friends!