Author Topic: The Political Agenda of Cindy Sheehan  (Read 789 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
The Political Agenda of Cindy Sheehan
« on: August 11, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »
Forward:

The Political Agenda Of Cindy Sheehan

After several days of following the story of Cindy
Sheehan's vigil in Crawford TX, I find out today that she has a "political agenda."

I hear about "political agendas" now and again,
usually when some politician or media pundit wants to smear another politician instead of responding to a particular issue. It seems to be kind of a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card for politicians, but I didn't realize that ordinary citizens, especially grief-stricken mothers, could have them.

I thought her agenda was pretty simple and upfront. I've heard her speak and she's amazingly eloquent. With no Madison Avenue speechwriters polishing up ever-morphing little soundbites for her, she is left to speak straight from her war-torn heart. And her words have resonated with people all across the country, and indeed, the world, because we can all recognize in our hearts the difference between the raw truth and a polished lie.

Cindy is sitting in a tent in a rainy ditch in Texas with the simple agenda of meeting face to face with George Bush, and having him explain to her the "noble cause" for which he sent her son to die. If that is a political agenda, then sign me up because I, too, am waiting with the rest of America to hear an explanation of the noble cause. Cindy has said she doesn't want one more family to have to suffer the grief that her family and thousands of others have suffered for a war based on lies. And the lies keep on
coming?as fast as they can spit them out they have to spin them away. 9/11 connection? A lie. Al Qaeda? A lie. WMDs? A lie. Aluminum tubes? A lie. Yellowcake from Niger? A lie. Democracy and freedom for Iraqis? A lie.  Hell hath no fury like a mother lied to about the murder of her son.

It's a really simple thing, this political agenda,
isn't it? Exercising our first-amendment right to
peaceably assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances? Demanding truth and accountability from those who are supposed to be representing us? That's a political agenda I'd like to see Congress take up. In fact, if Cindy Sheehan has one, maybe it's time for all of us to get one.

Deda Divine
Austin, Texas
August 11, 2005
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
The Political Agenda of Cindy Sheehan
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 10:57:00 PM »
Wow, the family must have gotten wind of the governments plan to have political dissonance officially classified as a mental illness in the DSM IV or V, or whatever the current version is.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashcs.htm
FAMILY OF FALLEN SOLDIER PLEADS: PLEASE STOP, CINDY!
Thu Aug 11 2005 12:56:21 ET

The family of American soldier Casey Sheehan, who was killed in Iraq on April 4, 2004, has broken its silence and spoken out against his mother Cindy Sheehan's anti-war vigil against George Bush held outside the president's Crawford, Texas ranch.

The following email was received by the DRUDGE REPORT from Casey's aunt and godmother:

Our family has been so distressed by the recent activities of Cindy we are breaking our silence and we have collectively written a statement for release. Feel free to distribute it as you wish.

Thanks, Cherie

In response to questions regarding the Cindy Sheehan/Crawford Texas issue: Sheehan Family Statement:

The Sheehan Family lost our beloved Casey in the Iraq War and we have been silently, respectfully grieving. We do not agree with the political motivations and publicity tactics of Cindy Sheehan. She now appears to be promoting her own personal agenda and notoriety at the the expense of her son's good name and reputation. The rest of the Sheehan Family supports the troops, our country, and our President, silently, with prayer and respect.

Sincerely,

Casey Sheehan's grandparents, aunts, uncles and numerous cousins.

Developing...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700