Author Topic: Teachers in UK Blame Teens for Their Mental Illness  (Read 791 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Teachers in UK Blame Teens for Their Mental Illness
« on: August 09, 2005, 03:01:00 AM »
HALF OF TEACHERS SUFFER MENTAL ILLNESS DUE TO STUDENTS
(March 23, 2005) The Independent, a UK publication, reported a new survey of 300 secondary school teachers, by the Association of Teachers and Lecturers, revealed that abuse by pupils left 46 percent taking antidepressants or facing long lay-offs from school for stress. The survey also revealed that 72 percent of teachers had considered quitting their jobs because of disruptive behavior and threats. One in seven said they had actually suffered bodily harm from pupils. However, in many of the cases the school had ignored abuse and failed to exclude the pupils involved.

http://education.independent.co.uk/news ... ory=622766

No wonder the UK originated the idea of a BRAT CAMP.

I mean, with a survey like this ... could there be any doubt who is to blame?  Those big, bad teens tormenting teachers. God, and to think American teens have it bad.  At least their parents are not blaming them for driving them insane ... oops, I guess that's not true.  Just look at all the crazy program parents in the U.S.

I stand corrected.  American parents are as chicken chit as British parents and teachers.

:smokin:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »