Author Topic: Karen In Dallas  (Read 106343 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Karen In Dallas
« Reply #570 on: August 09, 2006, 10:07:33 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Focusing on her career, giving little time to her family, the only thing she produces for her family is stress and a paycheck. No wonder you had to send all your kids away. Did you ever consider raising your kids yourself, or was it always part of the plan to send them away, Karen?

This is a good point.  Well, Karen, what's your response?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Karen In Dallas
« Reply #571 on: August 09, 2006, 04:09:07 PM »
karen is angry!! :o

:flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Karen In Dallas
« Reply #572 on: August 10, 2006, 07:45:35 AM »
...and has tiny tits!  she sure does look mad, though.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Reasons Why Karen Was Shit-Canned From Her Job
« Reply #573 on: August 10, 2006, 10:04:51 PM »
Looks like she messed with the bull...  and got the horns!

Karen Austin, general counsel of Lewisville's American Building Control Inc., found herself in a touchy situation last fall after she began to question whether the company's then-chief executive officer might have personally benefited from some corporate purchases -- allegations he denied.

Once she began to receive information, Austin says her ethical duty as a lawyer required her to investigate. But she says reporting provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Corporate Fraud and Accountability Act helped her obtain the authority to follow through on her concerns about some related-party transactions involving former CEO Niklaus F. Zenger. (Sarbanes-Oxley is a corporate compliance act passed by Congress in 2002 in the wake of financial scandals at major corporations.)

"We're not talking millions, but for our company, anything mattered," says Austin, who joined American Building Control as its general counsel in July 2001.

Austin says she went to the board of directors' audit committee and received authority to continue her research at American Building Control -- a security company founded in 1995 that formerly was known as Ultrak Inc. In December 2002, the company changed its name when it sold its closed circuit television business to Honeywell International Inc. for $36 million.

"I was in a very bad position. We are not a big company. This was my boss, our CEO," Austin says.

"It was very, very stressful," she says, adding that Sarbanes-Oxley would require her to first report any questionable dealings to the CEO.

Zenger, a Swiss national, resigned as CEO on Jan. 20, as chairman of the board on Feb. 5 and as a board member on March 8, according to the company's 10-k filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on April 4. Zenger's resignation came after a group of shareholders in the company announced in an SEC filing in November 2002 that they no longer had confidence in him, or in the majority of the board members, and intended to seek their dismissals or resignations.

Zenger -- who became co-CEO of the company in April 2002 -- could not be reached for comment. He has no telephone listing in the Dallas area. An attorney in Bern, Switzerland, who Austin says has represented Zenger, Beat Marfurt, declines to answer questions about Zenger or even confirm he represents Zenger.

Information in that SEC filing, a Schedule 13D filed on Nov. 7, 2002, raised concerns for Austin, who has spent all of her career as an in-house lawyer at various companies.
Austin says that around the time the 13D was filed, employees and others who knew Zenger began to come to her and raise questions about a large software purchase and the purchase of furniture for the company's office in Switzerland.
Austin says the investigation was authorized after Zenger left by Bryan Tate, the current CEO and board chairman.
Austin says she made a lot of telephone calls to Switzerland, but her fact-finding was slowed by the language barrier. Ultimately, Austin says, the company hired an investigator in Switzerland.

Austin alleges Zenger eventually told her she could no longer report to him and tried to discredit her before the board. She wasn't fearful of losing her job because she has an employment contract, but concedes it was a nerve-racking time.

During those weeks last fall, Austin says her duty was to the shareholders. The group of shareholders who filed the Schedule 13D were interested in removing Zenger and some of the board members, according to the filing.

"My wishes weren't necessarily the best thing for the company, which would be blow the thing wide open," she says.
But Tate adds that his "experience with Miss Austin is positive."
Karen Austin doesn't wait for anything to happen.

Looks like she tried a coup, a power grab, for a bigger position and ended up getting fired.  Poor Karen!  :lol:  :lol:

:rofl:  :cry2:

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Karen In Dallas
« Reply #574 on: August 11, 2006, 12:33:55 PM »
Karen?  Kaaaaarrreeeeen?  Karen??

:lol:  :lol:  :P  :P  :D  :oops:  :nworthy:  :rofl:
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Karen In Dallas
« Reply #575 on: August 11, 2006, 04:49:51 PM »
She'll be back when she is on vacation in a hotel, so she can claim 'I am not karen, have your ip experts check that' as she likes to.  :D  :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Karen In Dallas
« Reply #576 on: August 11, 2006, 08:01:13 PM »
HOMELAND INSECURITY
Who's guarding U.S. nuke secrets?
Firm with access to nuclear labs run by foreign CEO

October 31, 2002

According to the Insight report, what's now raising eyebrows is the fact that the new CEO of the Secret Service's lead contractor, Ultrak Inc. of Lewisville, Texas, is a Swiss resident with close ties to the Russian government.

In fact, he's close enough to have once been allowed access to Russia's ultra-secret nuclear-weapons command center.

Niklaus Zenger took over as Ultrak's CEO during a June shareholders meeting. He and all but one member of the company's board of directors are foreign nationals.

Said one security expert, "A foreign-controlled company whose CEO has ties close enough to the Russian government to be toured through its nuclear command center should not be anywhere near the chain of authority of a highly sensitive data system at the White House,'' according to the Insight report.

Some of Zenger's former business associates say they're also disturbed to hear he's running a company in charge of the crucial computer system used to clear those who go in and out of the White House.

These same sources say Zenger's close ties to the Russian government go back to the days of the former Soviet Union. They also claim he has a history of running away with proprietary U.S. technology after coming up short on promised cash and other commitments.

They say it's a track record that makes him untrustworthy to handle security issues for any government agency, let alone the White House.

''He's the last person I'd ever want to be involved with, let alone leading a group that's doing security for the White House,'' says Wayne Jacoby, a former business associate.

Ultrak isn't saying much about its new CEO. The company won't make Zenger available for interviews. It's also refused to provide a photo or basic biography with the date and place of his birth.

The company's general counsel, Karen Austin, says Ultrak performed a background check on Zenger before he joined the board of directors, but admitted the inquiry was cursory.

''In Europe, the privacy laws are pretty strict, and really all you can find out is whether they've had any criminal convictions,'' she says. ''He did not.''

Zenger frequently visits corporate headquarters in Lewisville, Texas. ''He has a lot of energy and a lot of real innovative ideas. Our CFO compared him to Bill Gates,'' said Austin.

Meanwhile, according to the Insight report, there's heightened concern over new business Ultrak has obtained with U.S. government agencies.

The company has just been selected to install a new system at the Los Alamos and Sandia nuclear laboratories in New Mexico. These are the same labs where alleged Chinese espionage is reported to have resulted in Communist China getting U.S. nuclear-weapons designs.

The labs had contracted with Ultrak vendors to build a new computerized fire-protection system that experts say would give the contractor sensitive data about process details and the location of important data and materials.

Austin adds Zenger probably will have little involvement with the Ultrak division handling Los Alamos and Sandia systems, but conceded that he likely would have access to the system designs if he wanted to review them.

Notra Trulock, the former director of intelligence for the Department of Energy who blew the whistle on lax security at the labs during the Clinton administration, says there should be concern about a foreign-owned company doing this type of work.

''They have to know physically where everything is. Presumably they'll have a combination of blueprints and walk-arounds and so forth. At Los Alamos there's one area where they store plutonium, for instance. That could present some interesting fire-protection problems. If there's fissile material ? highly enriched uranium or plutonium ? or something like that where you would be worried about terrorist threats, then there would be issues,'' said Trulock.

However, Trulock says the designers of the system probably will not have access to the design of nuclear weapons.

Los Alamos is currently investigating whether the Ultrak vendors are in breach of contract by violating the lab's ''Buy American'' provisions, says lab spokesman Kevin Roark. ''We direct all of our contractors not to deal with companies that are foreign-controlled,'' says Roark. ''It's part of every contract we have. ... it could be that they're in breach.''

And even if Ultrak manages to meet Los Alamos' definitions of an American company, critics say Zenger's background and business history should be enough to make the lab and other government facilities think twice before dealing with him.

Zenger's disputes with American technology companies reportedly go back to the early '90s.

According to a 1993 article in Oregon Business magazine, Zenger was CEO of a Swiss company called BCG when he made a deal with Portland, Ore.-based PC Technology and Summit Micro Design of Sunnyvale, Calif., to ship 3,000 386SX computers to the Ukraine, then a communist stronghold and part of the U.S.S.R.

The computers were shipped, but the money never came.

''They kept giving us excuses why the money wasn't there, such as the investors were holding onto it or the bank was having difficulty transferring the money,'' a PC Technology official told Oregon Business.

According to the Insight report, a similar dispute involved a company Zenger formed in the Philadelphia area called CyberNet Inc.

The company was set up to perform long-distance telephone routing services and to compile U.N. statistics for software. Zenger recruited Jacoby, who says he put $35,000 of his own money into the company.

But after almost a year, Jacoby says, Zenger still had not made good on his promise to pay Jacoby and the other associates in the company who developed the technology.

''He took the know-how and all my contributions and didn't pay for anything,'' Jacoby said.

Jacoby sued Zenger's company in the small-claims court and won a judgment of $8,500 against him in April 1997, which Jacoby says remained unpaid.

Shareholders in I-Link of Draper, Utah, also have raised concerns about Zenger being trusted with information relating to national security, according to the Insight report.

I-Link developed innovative technology that would allow its customers to receive phone calls, faxes and e-mails at the same time on the same telephone line and to engage in teleconferencing without prior arrangements with the phone company.

In May of 2000, Red Cube International, a Swiss telecommunications company whose CEO was Zenger, entered into a licensing agreement with I-Link to market its technology. It later made an agreement to acquire controlling interest in I-Link from its majority shareholder, Winter Harbor LLC, an investment firm owned by hotel magnate Richard Marriott and his family.

Then in December of 2000, Red Cube announced it would not pay Winter Harbor and it also failed to deliver the operational funding I-Link said it had promised to them. Red Cube contended in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing that it was withholding payment because I-Link had violated the terms of its agreement. I-Link disputed the claim and charged in a lawsuit that Red Cube was trying to bankrupt the company and pirate its proprietary technology without paying for it.

I-Link and Red Cube went through a long arbitration process in New York City. Winter Harbor eventually sold its controlling interest in I-Link to Counsel Corp., a Canadian firm. But in the meantime I-Link, while remaining solvent, saw its share price tank. It closed at 10 cents on Oct. 23, and shareholders who have lost almost everything they put in, blame Zenger for much of the drop.

''He tried to steal the technology and take our customers and key employees and pirate them away, so that we wouldn't have anything,'' says Paula Danieli, who bought stock in I-link in 1999.

Then in October of 2001, shortly after the I-Link controversy and just after the attacks on New York City and Washington, Zenger acquired controlling interest in Ultrak.

Although the company's share price was volatile and it wasn't in great financial shape, Ultrak could have been attractive in a time of heightened security for its prestigious security contracts with government entities such as the Secret Service.

And according to the Insight report, the Secret Service has no objections to a company headed by a foreign CEO with Russian ties handling a system that contains sensitive data about who goes in and out of the White House, when and why.

''Everybody who's worked on it has had the appropriate security clearance,'' Secret Service spokesman Marc Connolly said.

But some of those who have dealt with Zenger worry about what the United States stands to lose.

''It's totally frightening," says I-Link shareholder Danieli. ''I can't believe that our government would be so irresponsible as to put this guy into this kind of situation. It just boggles my mind. We're supposedly under heightened security, and it really bothers me that somebody not even from the United States, from a foreign country and with a dubious background, can affect the entire U.S. national security.''

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Karen In Dallas
« Reply #577 on: August 11, 2006, 08:15:28 PM »
And, what is the purpose of this post?  Anyone can "google" Karen Austin.  What exactly are you trying to prove here?  It's hard to determine whether you are defending her or not.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Karen In Dallas
« Reply #578 on: August 14, 2006, 08:27:50 AM »
karen's a bitch. :lol:
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Karen In Dallas
« Reply #579 on: August 14, 2006, 03:28:22 PM »

:lol:  :wave:  :tup:  :em:  :oops:

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Karen In Dallas
« Reply #580 on: August 15, 2006, 10:18:48 AM »

True dat.  Word up.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Karen In Dallas
« Reply #581 on: August 30, 2006, 04:58:54 PM »
Karen's pussy tastes like sardines doused with olive oil, she needs some serious work.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Karen In Dallas
« Reply #582 on: September 07, 2006, 07:23:26 PM »
Fornits - 1
Karen  - 0

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Karen In Dallas
« Reply #583 on: September 29, 2006, 05:28:43 PM »
I'm glad that dumb bitch is gone.  What an annoying fucking retard.  Did you notice how she disappeared from StrugglingTools as well?  She even deleted a bunch of posts.  She hasn't been back either.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Karen In Dallas
« Reply #584 on: September 30, 2006, 06:21:06 PM »
What's up with that, was she for real???????????????  I think she is a fucking liar! :rofl:  :flame: