Author Topic: "The Interview"  (Read 3548 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
"The Interview"
« on: December 01, 2001, 11:01:05 PM »
"The Interview"
Hello everyone. Sorry  about my long absence. I have been very busy with my personal life and my business.

Anyway, I had an idea the other day and need feedback.  For those of you whom know, I was in the Seed in 1973, and my father and his "friends" started the straight out of the ashes of the failed St Pete Seed.  His "friends" included Ray Waymire, Mel & Betty Sembler (btw, they were my stepbrothers Oldcomers), Helen Peterman, and the rest.The straight was going to be the new kinder gentler Seed.My dad recently told me the Straight was not Mel's idea, but another of the board members.  My father is perhaps the last living hope of getting the real story behind the story,

My father is now in his late 70s. I have talked to him recently about this, and while not squarely in our camp, he nevertheless understands what we are doing.

I am thinking about approaching him for an interview,and am considering an "open forum" discussion interview, perhaps right here on this site. Wes, Ginger, Kathy, Ken, are you listening? Imagine, my father logged on sitting beside me, and taking open questions on this board?

Is it possible?  if so, lets do it.  I believe I can make it happen, and I am up to it emotionally and otherwise.

Comments  please.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
"The Interview"
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2001, 03:47:00 PM »
Re: "The Interview"
I'd be interested in that!

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
"The Interview"
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2001, 07:14:37 PM »
Re: "The Interview"
I'm here and I'm listening.  I'm trying to figure out HOW to do this. I'll be in touch.  If anyone has any ideas please post them here!   Thanks, Greg

Kathy

Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
"The Interview"
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2001, 07:28:45 PM »
I'm up for that!
Leme know if I  can be of any help.

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
"The Interview"
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2001, 07:28:45 PM »
Re: I'm up for that!
I am pretty sure I can get him, and I am up to it. My issue is procedurly how do we handle it?  Kathy & Ginger, this is where I need you.  Do we do it here, or would it be better on the email system?  Do I take a list of questions submitted beforehand, transcribe them, and then send them across the email system? My gut feeling is that a real time interview is best because we can adjust questions to the direction it is going. I am an excellent typist and I can type the question and then the answer, at least for about an hour. Or do we go in a different direction and have a panel discussion with my father taking direct questions?

I would like to start it with a list of questions from way back and let the interview develop.  My fathers mind is a well of historical information that has remained untaped to date. Lets figure this one out and proceed. Once we solve the procedural questions, I would like to discuss other issues surrounding this, and in the meantime I will approach him about this.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
"The Interview"
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2001, 05:22:18 AM »
How about a chat?
AOL Instant Messenger will do group chat. And it's probably the most blond-proof chat client around.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
"The Interview"
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2001, 12:25:28 PM »
Re: How about a chat?
Sounds like a plan, lets make a trial run tonight.  I need to set up my puter for aol, etc.  After work tonight lets start the ball rolling, and this afternoon I will talk to my pop

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
"The Interview"
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2001, 02:58:04 PM »
cool.........
This could be fun...count me in, Ginger, do me a favor, you have my AOL "handle", just invite me in if you would tonight.........thanks, take care all.......Ken

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
"The Interview"
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2001, 05:01:50 PM »
Ok, my handle is....
Aim at me as RFornit I'll drag Kenny in. Anyone else? I'll look for you around 6 or 7. Don't hesitate to ring my phone if I don't see the chat window right away.