Author Topic: Dennis Buttimer Executive Staff Atlanta  (Read 4797 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dennis Buttimer Executive Staff Atlanta
« on: August 03, 2005, 03:34:00 PM »
Could this be the same dennis buttimer that was executive staff when I was there ??? That had olcomers guys take the misbehavers to the bathroom and physically abuse!!!

http://www.buttimer-associates.com/index.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »
looks like the bullshit that ex-Straight execs are so fond of doing.

Wonder why he didn't mention Straight in his credentials?

"Oh, yeah, I bravely ordered a bunch of kids to sit on another kid, I'm real qualified to help your business"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 03:56:00 PM »
Check out the about us section. It's got a good shot of his ugly mug.

http://www.buttimer-associates.com/index.html

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 02:18:00 PM »
That's a funny name...   :lol:
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline wayeast

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 06:25:00 PM »
I thought at first that this might be his son, because he looks younger than I remember him looking in '82, but it has to be him.

He used to have a moustache.

I remember him coming into my intake right as they asked me how often I smoked pot. After I answered that it wasn't that often, he squatted down to where I was sitting, looked in my eyes, and yelled "BULLSH*T!" He said had  that pot smoke clouds the cornea, and based on his two-second look at mine, he knew that I was a pot chain-smoker.

I wonder if these guys ever think back on some of the stupid things they said and cringe.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 06:30:00 PM »
On 2005-08-04 15:25:00, wayeast wrote:

I remember him coming into my intake right as they asked me how often I smoked pot. After I answered that it wasn't that often, he squatted down to where I was sitting, looked in my eyes, and yelled "BULLSH*T!" He said had  that pot smoke clouds the cornea, and based on his two-second look at mine, he knew that I was a pot chain-smoker.

Virgil Miller Newton used to do that shit in St. Petersburg, when he wasn't liberally touching some kid's junk.

I wonder if these guys ever think back on some of the stupid things they said and cringe.    

"

No, they think it was great work they were doing, helping the druggie bastards, tough love, that sort of shit.  They don't go around boasting of it because they think it would be "misunderstood" by the public, who don't know what bastards the little druggies were.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »
Yeah, I have to agree w/ ya' anon, on both counts. Virgil said he could tell by the tell tale physiological signs in my eyes that I had done coke, and lots of it. Fact is, I had never SEEN coke at that point. And, btw, didn't like it when I finally did try it a few years later.

And I just got a phone call from a former Sr. staffer from one of these programs. I don't want to bust out their ID. I'm hoping they'll contribute some of what they know of the history. But it was amazing to me that, all these years later, they took exception to things like calling it brainwashing and suggesting that money had anything to do w/ major staff decisions.

I am an atheist, out and out. It took me a long time to say it. I've been an atheist for years and years, but somehow I felt it was intellectually unrespectable to say that one is an atheist, because it assumed knowledge that one didn't have. Somehow it was better to say one was a humanist or agnostic. I don't have the evidence to prove that God doesn't exist, but I so strongly suspect that he doesn't that I don't want to waste my time.
--Isaac Asimov, Russian-born American author

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 04:35:00 PM »

And I just got a phone call from a former Sr. staffer from one of these programs. I don't want to bust out their ID. I'm hoping they'll contribute some of what they know of the history. But it was amazing to me that, all these years later, they took exception to things like calling it brainwashing and suggesting that money had anything to do w/ major staff decisions."

Hmm....those staff memberws musta been in a different program than straight.

Offline wayeast

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2005, 07:12:00 PM »
.......I wonder if these guys ever think back on some of the stupid things they said and cringe.....

Anon: "No, they think it was great work they were doing, helping the druggie bastards, tough love, that sort of shit. They don't go around boasting of it because they think it would be "misunderstood" by the public, who don't know what bastards the little druggies were."

You know, I'm sure that outwardly, many of them do take comfort in their black-and-white "we were only trying to save them" bull.  But I just don't think you can be in a group like that, whether as a leader or as follower/sheep/victim without it creating some serious cognitive dissonance.  It has to have an effect.  I never got off first phase, but I can think of other groups I belonged to that I look back and think "man, I was an idiot."  

These men and women were thuggish extremists, but they were still human.  99.99% of us have consciences.

Antigen: what made the ex-staffer call you?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dennis Buttimer ROCKS
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 12:11:10 PM »
Nature of who and what they were dealing with.  And I will say this for the record...Dennis was awesome and really helped me through some major tough times. If you are reading this - THANK YOU DENNIS!

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
Re: Dennis Buttimer ROCKS
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 12:24:43 PM »
Quote from: ""Roberts""
Nature of who and what they were dealing with.  And I will say this for the record...Dennis was awesome and really helped me through some major tough times. If you are reading this - THANK YOU DENNIS!

Roberts..... I think you are in the WRONG place to be singing praises to a child abusing arragant prick. I was there during his reign of terror and all I have to say to the bastard is "Burn In Hell MotherFucker"[/color]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Dennis Buttimer ROCKS
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 09:22:43 PM »
Quote from: ""Roberts""

I concur.  Dennis was so caring and patient during my recovery.  The others must not be talking about the Dennis I knew.  Dennis helped me to realize that I didn't need to do drugs to survive.  

Do you know that after 25 years, I still use the tools that Dennis taught me.  I am 25 years clean!  Thank you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dennis Buttimer ROCKS
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 09:48:47 PM »
I heard about this site. I've been clean since 1981. Tough measures were taken for tough-ass stuff. Some staff went overboard. Buttimer? No way. Wake up. You must be talking about M. Newton et.al. Dennis Buttimer comforted me, my Mother and my sister when my Father died. He dealt very caringly with one of my phasers when it was learned that he was molested by his own Mother, he confronted a belitltling Father for his rotten attitude in a Parent Rap and he gave me hope when I individually broke down and told him what a piece of shit I felt like from sticking needles in myself, etc. He wasn't perfect, but who is? I thought for the most part he was a good guy doing a hard-ass job. Would YOU have wanted to deal with some of US?

I'm amazed at how so many of you guys re-injure yourselves, particularly "Botched Programming" by going over the same stuff and maintaining this dark hole in yourselves. The bitterness and mental masturbation about the negatives can't be really doing you any good. Say what you will but it's time to move on. For me, I had to go to meetings, true, but I also had to get some therapy and freaking let go. Focus on who you want, but ultimately for peace you have to look at yourself.

For any of you that stood by me in my tears, "pity parties," and self-loathing, I thank you. I pray for all of us who have dealt with the scourge of addiction. Enough is enough. JD

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dennis Buttimer ROCKS
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 09:49:21 PM »
I heard about this site. I've been clean since 1981. Tough measures were taken for tough-ass stuff. Some staff went overboard. Buttimer? No way. Wake up. You must be talking about M. Newton et.al. Dennis Buttimer comforted me, my Mother and my sister when my Father died. He dealt very caringly with one of my phasers when it was learned that he was molested by his own Mother, he confronted a belitltling Father for his rotten attitude in a Parent Rap and he gave me hope when I individually broke down and told him what a piece of shit I felt like from sticking needles in myself, etc. He wasn't perfect, but who is? I thought for the most part he was a good guy doing a hard-ass job. Would YOU have wanted to deal with some of US?

I'm amazed at how so many of you guys re-injure yourselves, particularly "Botched Programming" by going over the same stuff and maintaining this dark hole in yourselves. The bitterness and mental masturbation about the negatives can't be really doing you any good. Say what you will but it's time to move on. For me, I had to go to meetings, true, but I also had to get some therapy and freaking let go. Focus on who you want, but ultimately for peace you have to look at yourself.

For any of you that stood by me in my tears, "pity parties," and self-loathing, I thank you. I pray for all of us who have dealt with the scourge of addiction. Enough is enough. JD

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dennis Buttimer ROCKS
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 09:50:52 PM »