Author Topic: Struggling Teens Shot Down  (Read 2884 times)

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Struggling Teens Shot Down
« on: July 29, 2005, 08:46:00 PM »
Stuggling Teens have been hit by a hacker, thanks to some people I know within the company I have garnnered that indeed the site is down, and will be down for a while, and the hacker took down the entire local server in the area. Any one know what happened here? Could Struggling Teens be the target? Is it just a stroke of luck, good or bad depending on your view, that this has happened?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 11:41:00 PM »
No problem- we'll just come over and troll on your board like you do on ours.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 11:47:00 PM »
::smirks:: at least be a man, or a woman, and sign your posts.

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 12:28:00 AM »
Who gives a shit what those stupid fucks do over at their site.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 02:06:00 AM »
Fat chance that they'll sign their post. They aren't going to risk public humiliation, but feel quite justified in subjecting their offspring to it.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 02:13:00 AM »
Owch, thats got to sting, haha. Your most likely right.

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 04:09:00 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2005, 10:12:00 AM »
Notice how many parents are in "therapy" themselves, to get over controlling their kid's lives while they were in a program or RTC?

EMPTY PROGRAM SYNDROME?

OMG .. I think I'm gonna be sick.

http://www.strugglingteens.com/cgi-bin/ ... 001066;p=2

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2005, 10:50:00 AM »
This thread on post-treatment kids is excellent, and I thank Mose for starting it. Some of their common features stand out, don't they! Their emotional immaturity, despite their apparent sophistication. Their refusal to be therapized. The way they seem to cling to the role of child in relation to us their parents, despite the very adult experiences many of them have had. Their difficulties with making decisions and forming realistic plans and following through.

Our only useful responses seem to be patience, living our values, not allowing ourselves to be used or manipulated, providing advice when asked and as non-judgmentally as we can, and continuing to love them unconditionally.

It's been three sober years since our daughter (20) went to wilderness (and then RTC and then a transition house during her freshman year of college). She has accomplished many good things, but she still struggles with decisions. If I take the long view, I can certainly see progress, if bumpy. Her self-awareness and insight into her difficulties are very great ("If I live at home, I'll be selfish and immature!"). Even though she doesn't always use her insight to help herself right away, she usually eventually does.

Things may always be harder for her than for other young people, but I try to have faith that she's stronger than most, too. She won't do college in the standard 4-year way, but lots of successful people don't. E.g., Bill Gates, Steven Jobs.

Be steadfast, all!

It's sad to read posts like this. Just very sad. THere should be a support group for the children of struggling teens parents- they need help, help getting the fuck away from their insane parents.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2005, 10:56:00 AM »
FRom what I read it sounds like most of these parents are push-overs and lack a strong father figure in the family. THey refuse to be real with their kids, and never have been. WHen they get to 16, 17 they start complaining they can't take it anymore and send them off until they are 18.

Is it just me or does it seem like very few fathers are on these boards talking about frustrated they are with their teen. Whats up with that?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2005, 11:28:00 AM »
There are actually quite a few fathers who post on strugglingteens.com.   Do a search on old posts by Kerry- and currently there is Dadrod and a few others.  
I wish you could realize how ignorant and immature you sound.  What was wrong with the post quoted below?  These are caring parents whose kids have, in many cases, turned a corner.  You are SO unwilling to admit that there are excellent programs out there. Hey-sorry you are still so screwed up and that the right choices weren't made for you, but get a life and get off your whining crusade against parents who actually found programs that helped their kids.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2005, 11:35:00 AM »
On 2005-07-30 08:28:00, Anonymous wrote:

"There are actually quite a few fathers who post on strugglingteens.com.   Do a search on old posts by Kerry- and currently there is Dadrod and a few others.  

I wish you could realize how ignorant and immature you sound.  What was wrong with the post quoted below?  These are caring parents whose kids have, in many cases, turned a corner.  You are SO unwilling to admit that there are excellent programs out there. Hey-sorry you are still so screwed up and that the right choices weren't made for you, but get a life and get off your whining crusade against parents who actually found programs that helped their kids."

Have you actually read that post that was quoted?

It states, basically, that kids who have been through a program have many difficulties in making decisions on their own. It states that they had so much "therapy" and "help", they just can't take it any more. It states that after being forced into the child role for so long (by being controlled constantly, and not being allowed any sort of indepedence), they don't really know how to be anything else.

And you call that "love"? Putting your child in a program is not "love" and it's not "help". It's "I'm tired of parenting, so I'm going to pay someone else to do it for me; and I'm angry at you for growing up, so I'm going to pay someone to force you into the child role again".

It's sad that you feel the need to hurt your child this badly. I hope s/he will be able to overcome it eventually.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »
On 2005-07-30 08:28:00, Anonymous wrote:

"There are actually quite a few fathers who post on strugglingteens.com.   Do a search on old posts by Kerry- and currently there is Dadrod and a few others.  

I wish you could realize how ignorant and immature you sound.  What was wrong with the post quoted below?  These are caring parents whose kids have, in many cases, turned a corner.  You are SO unwilling to admit that there are excellent programs out there. Hey-sorry you are still so screwed up and that the right choices weren't made for you, but get a life and get off your whining crusade against parents who actually found programs that helped their kids."

:scared:  Oh no!! Not criticism from a program parent! What ever shall I do?!?!

I hope you realize NOBODY here gives one flying fuck what you have to say. We already KNOW you send your children off to get abused. Take your excuses elsewhere, maybe to struggling teens- I'm sure they will welcome you will open arms!

Enjoy what's left of your fucked up family life. Congrats on fucking up your child. You suck as a parent, but I'm sure you have realized that already. Why else would you be over here taking out anger on anonymous internet personalities?

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

PLEASE post again. You crack us up and entertain at the same time.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2005, 11:49:00 AM »
Here is another one.. god, I can't believe some of these parents ignorance..

goldenguru
Member # 4289

Well I was confronted with my "controlling self" yesterday. I realized I was not detaching.

My daughter packed on about 20 pounds at her TBS. She hates the extra weight. She had started eating healthier and exercising. So yesterday she decides she wants to run through a drive through and super size it. I began nagging her and reminding her of her decision to take off some weight, yada, yada, yada. I could see she was getting very irritated with me. [Mad] I apologized for my behavior and reassured her that this is her decision alone, and that I would butt out. It felt so good to me (and her) to recognize the need to detach.

So she skipped the fast food and came home and made a chicken salad instead. She chose.... not me. [Big Grin]

Hopefully next time I catch myself before I open my big mouth. [Wink]

--------------------
Kelly

Sounds to me like these parents just have to deal with the same problems when their teens return.

I hope they feel good about spending so much money. Where to you find the dumbest parents? Struggling teens!  :lol:

If I was greedy and evil like these folks, I would start a program too, it's just sooooooo easy taking money from these people.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2005, 12:16:00 PM »
I wanna start a program where all they do is sit around playing games, eating junk food, and watching MTV on beanbag chairs. I could make a fucking AWESOME crib for them to hang out in given the usual tuition payments :grin:

So, just truck them to regular schools during the day (or bus, or take a fucking fleet of hummers/limos) and get some therapists under my wing , etc... fuck, Id still have enough over to be RICH or bankroll any sort of industry shakedown I want. Oh, and Id donate tax-deductable donations to ISAC - better than Uncle Sam getting the money  :lol:

Any Irishman who doubts the reality of selective enforcement ought to take just a moment to comtemplate the etymology of the term "paddy waggon".
--Antigen

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."