Author Topic: 170 graduates more then half are sober  (Read 6214 times)

Offline DMX

• View Profile
170 graduates more then half are sober
« on: December 01, 2001, 08:28:59 AM »
I graduated From AARC. I'll admit that I don't agree with alot of the things that go on at AARC and some twisted things are said and done. I did not like very many people there and the staff there would be pricks. It's like your confined from every thing its worse then jail cause you have to talk about feelings. I got fat I gained 50lbs in a month but I needed 20 of those cause I was not digesting anything but alcohol. I saw alot of people being favored there to by staff and they would get through and have time in rap and I would be on step 1. Im sober today but lots of them are not. I wanted to die when I came in and nothing was ultimately going to stop me. I was addicted to every drug except heroin which I wanted to try and I drank like a fish. I couldn't stop having crazy thoughts and just being a drop out and not doing anything with my life. In AARC it was bad but I've been sober for a long time to my old friends but in reality not very long. I don't want to die anymore or have to many crazy thoughts and I'm getting a good education cause I don't want to be a woulda shoulda kinda person.

AARC is not AA or NA-------------------------

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2001, 08:28:59 AM »
It's about time!!!
I absolutely knew that you would start posting here!!! Why is that? You haven't gone by another identity on the surviving AARC board have you? A little birdy told me that you have.

Well as for the "half sober" theory, guess again. Once upon a time AARC claimed they had a 90% success rate...then %70, then...What did Steve say again? 60%. Mind you I can't seem to find how they even form a success rate when they don't even contact all of the grad's to find out! Nobody's ever asked me. Not to mention the staff members and graduates who still take cakes in AA and don't confess at AARC that they've used, but have privately confided in me or my friends that they have or are.

Also...Success can be judged in many ways, and I have yet to see someone actually come out of AARC better. They look healthier, they speak more proffesionally, but they are mentally so @#%$ up that they usually can't function on the outside world. If you judge success by sobriety or those who used but came back to sobriety, AARC still doesn't make the half piont mark - at least not counting all of the graduates I've known.

If you weren't @#%$ yourself, you wouldn't have just recited the AARC montra of "If it weren't for AARC I would be dead" and that you were nothing but a failure before AARC. Has AARC allowed you to accept any good qualities you had in yourself when you were using, or have they not made it seem as though you were a 100% "crazy" "drop out". Have they made it seem as though without them you never would have matured? Do you have any self resepect if you think that you were worthless for using drugs and alcohol and not attending school?

Do you know what AARC's definition of a failure is? A young person. Know what other definition of a failure is to AARC? Anyone who hasn't been through AARC. You know it's true because you guys talk about how un aware everyone else is, and how much of a gift you've recieved...You are so much more enlightened than anyone who hasn't been through AARC. You even think that the siblings are weak because they haven't had as much AARC as you.

Let me tell you something, even the kids who used 6-8 times, or drank a little for a year or 2 of their lives were left to believe that if it weren't for aarc they would have gone crazy or died. If that seems normal to you you need to go back out into the real world and cut your ties with AARC.

You've been viewing my site all night, it just killed you to not post somewhere. If you don't feel that you were in a harmufl treatment centre then maybe you don't belong here.

P.S. Geez I thought there were more than 170 now...Not pumping them out the same as you used to are you?

Offline no1uno

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2001, 09:18:50 AM »
success rate
If AARC's mindset were in fact true. All kids would crazy or dead. There seems to be an abundance of kids around, and most of them don't seem crazy or dead. Maybe i need to go to AARC and graduate, so that I too can graduate and see all of the crazy dead kids they are always talking about in AARC.

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2001, 09:34:12 AM »
LMAO!
It's kind of like that movie The Sixth Sense, only you have to go to AARC to see all the crazy dead people : P That's why I still go to AARC - Everywhere else in Calgary I have to step over dead kids or frothing at the mouth crazy ones, but in AARC's parking lot it's always sunny and filled with sane fat people!!!

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2001, 01:51:44 PM »
It's about time..
"If it weren't for AARC I would be dead"

Well Velvet,

I thought I'd better let DCX in on another little secret. DCX didn't recite anything in that quote I didn't hear before. Hope he doesn't think that AARC has some kind of patent on that quote. No sir, I can testify that it goes back 20 years, we were saying it in Straight, and probably it goes back at least 30 years to the Seed program.

He says he's sober, I would say he's just clean like me. Big deal, somehow the more I learned about these mind rape mills is that clean time was less appealing, especially when one considers the amount of baggage one gets to carry around with them from places like Straight and AARC. I wonder if his sobriety was really worth the price? Was it worth it when people had NO privacy, when confessions were constantly being made about ones self, especially sexual, was it worth it all the fighting and turning each other in and mistrust, and people leaving without ever getting to say goodbye, letting them know you still cared about them??

Well DCX, it's been nearly 20 years and I don't seem to be dead, so much for that fu*ked up theory. I'm not dead, because by the grace of God, I was given constitution enough to rough out the bad times in Straight as well as the shell shock effects for years afterward thinking I was the fu*k up, and then not harm myself or anyone else when I learned the real truth about what happened to me in Straight.

If you happen to be in communication with the so-called "Dr." Vause, please tell him we are on to his bullsh*t and closing in fast. Tell him to keep make-up nearby for the CBC cameras.

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »
whoops.....
Sorry, I guess you were going by DMX, not DCX

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2001, 07:26:04 PM »
The Seed, indeed!
Yup, Art had all the same shtick. At the time, we all thought he was the brilliant guru who invented the whole thing out of whole cloth and special 'awareness'.

Come to find out, he was only cribbing from Chuck Dederich, who had been cribbing from Korean POW camp studies. And he was doing it with funding and 'guidance' from the brand new Federal NIH sub-agency, National Institute of Drug Abuse.

Interestingly enough, Dr. DuPont, Phd, then head of NIDA as appointed by Nixon, didn't get his title in the medical field. His doctorate is in social anthropology; he's a well qualified history teacher, in other words. But had never had any claim to expertise in drug use, dependence, abuse, the life-ending scourge and root of all evil..... or whatever you want to call it. His master thesis was about generalized anxiety and, I believe, he focused the study on the famous Psy-ops production that came to be known as "The Daisy Girl Commercial" and it's effects on viewers.

So no, this 'special awareness' is not a new theme. It's as old as the hills and just as dusty. Same as the secret recipe to get rich quick and live the good life that all the spammers and Amway moonies are always hawking. They never seem to actually get rich, quickly or not, or to have time to kick back and enjoy the good life, but they become thoroughly convinced that they're well on their way if only they could learn how to properly work the http://fornits.com/anonanon/images/p.gif'>rogram. Cop culture has a parallel concept to which they refer as "Informed Observation".  

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2001, 02:32:15 AM »
Re: LMAO!
Yep, just like the six sense, except "I see dumb people"

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2001, 05:20:07 AM »
I see dead crazy people....
But they don't know they're dead or crazy! Arrrrrrrgh!!!

That was good, man. Really good!

Offline DMX

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2001, 05:46:04 AM »
I AM SobER ToDAY
IT was worth it i'm through now are'nt I. I hated it lots of the time but hey how many kids age 13 to 22 can stay sober through aa or na or how about aadac.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2001, 05:50:57 AM »
dmx
sure are some angry buggers arn't they D??

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2001, 07:55:13 AM »
very angry about being mind raped
Hey, don't knock aadac because they give you money...Oh now wait, they say they stopped giving you money because of something cntroversial and questionable...What was that?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2001, 02:54:45 AM »
Con tro vershal?
Oh.... I don't know if we should be reading anything con tro vershal....

Why are you people hanging around with us like this? Did you just come here to be insulting? Or is there some other purpose?