Author Topic: Are there any normal people here?  (Read 7705 times)

Offline Fr. Cassian

• View Profile
    • http://goat.cx
Are there any normal people here?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2005, 06:20:00 PM »
only moderators and administrators can post
Yes, I see your point. That should read, "Only executive staff can post, since it is OUR forum after all...

It's silly, the whole sibs thing, not even that funny, I mean,
SIBS is anything BUT a joke, sir/ma'am.. :flame:

you Doctors might actually meet some REAL people so you could have a group in REAL life.

We have a group -- the best damned group in the world -- at SIBS. :wave:
Please feel free to come visit our facility at any time. :em:

Thank You,
Fr. Cassian
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
I am a priest of GOD!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2005, 07:29:00 PM »
Did you go to Elan in the early 80's or earlier?
then maybe you could relate to some of the trauma and Drama  :silly: Sorry you got so lucky floor sweeper count your blessings!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2005, 08:47:00 PM »
But thats EXACTLY my point.
I understand that in the early 80's elan was a differnt place.
However, most of these kids complaining were there in the 90's or later. hell, I was there in the 90's, and it was silly at best, annoying at worst.
I can understand feeling damaged if you had been there in the early 80's or before, but not after.
Thats just babies whining trying to blame their complete emotional psychoses on some prety unimportant event.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2005, 09:03:00 PM »
Well, I went through Straight, Sarasota in the `80's. I thought it was stupid. I never took it any more seriously than something to be endured till I could leave it in the dust. There were only a few incidents that I can remember that, in retrospect, after I had time to think, I really found disturbing.

But other people who were there at the same time were obviously distressed. I was just too young and (very righly for my stage of life) self absorbed to take it in. My heartthrob, the one boy who I wanted to find after I got out, dropped the extra weight, acne and palor was dead by the time I looked him up. I was there w/ Sammie Monroe, who appeared on the Montel Williams show fairly recently. What a sad story! But, at the time, while she was being held down and beat up, all I thought about it was "why do these idiots insist on fighting when it's so much easier to just pretend?"

Young people were broken beyond repair right before my eyes and I didn't see it, even though I helped make it happen.

I'm glad for you and anyone else who, like me, was able to just let it roll off and wait for eventual liberty. But, at the same time, I worry about those who, then and now, are not so tough.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.  
Anonymity Anonymous
return undef() if /coercion/i;
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2005, 10:48:00 PM »
See that's the thing...you seem to have legitimate reason to be upset.
Like I said, the 80's were a different time.
I TOTALLY understand the people who were there at those times.
The issue I have is that these idiot kids who do the most whining were there in the nineties and later, when the WORST thing that happened was that a bunch of other idiot kids yelled at them, or they had to re-mop the dining room.
Doesn't it bother you AT ALL that THESE kids are equating their 'struggle' with yours, WHICH HAPPENED TO HAVE BEEN REAL?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2005, 11:44:00 PM »
I don't think you read my posts. Yes, I was in one of those places w/ the worst of reputations in the `80's. And, when I got out, I went on w/ my own plans--went on with my life. I had no idea that I had wittnessed kids who's names and faces I can still recall being utterly destroyed; far less how I had played a part. I didn't start to get it till I started looking up old friends from those days and finding out that most of them are not well.

I suggest you look up some ppl who were in there with you and get their take on things.

India Indicas, Mr. Peabody?
-- Sherman

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2005, 11:50:00 PM »
On 2005-07-06 19:48:00, Anonymous wrote:

Doesn't it bother you AT ALL that THESE kids are equating their 'struggle' with yours, WHICH HAPPENED TO HAVE BEEN REAL?

No, it does not. For over 700 days, I complied, ate shit and inflicted harsh mindfucking tactics on the happless unfortunate strangers who landed up in the same fix as I did, by various routes. For about 3 days I 'misbehaved'. I never hit anyone or thretened to. I was careful to be polite in my protests, even when 'misbehaving'. I did get my ass beat, even got my nose broke during that time. Those were some of the best days of my stay. It hurt physically, but at least I had my dignity, bloody nose and all.

I'd take two years of regulat ass kicking over two years of constant mind rape any day you ask me.

I have found that the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it

--Harry S. Truman

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2005, 12:20:00 AM »
define normal.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2005, 12:32:00 AM »
I frankly don't care too much about how anyone is doing.
They were not people I would have assiciated with under normal circumstances, so I am not rally interested in how they are or are not doing.
I've talked to a few, 4 or 5, and they are fine, they feel pretty much the same way I do.
We made fun of a couple of moments , giggled and went our separate ways.

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't be surprised if the others were not doing well because they seemed like demented morons when we were there, Like I said, not poele I would associate with in real life.

The people who are not doing well now were crazy BEFORE they got to elan.

Define normal?
I'm normal.I was normal  BEFORE elan, and I am normal now.
before Elan I was a normal teen with angst issues with my parents, fighting snobery with idealism, etc.
Now
I have a great job, a great relationship, I am well to do, I travel in the upper class of social circles... normal life.
It's not a complicated concept to grasp,  I shoudln't have to define it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2005, 12:37:00 AM »
I'm also going to stop posting anything here.
I came here out of boredom while working at home, and as a human being who likes to debate issues, I got caught up in debating things with you all.
However, I can see that this is not a forum in which to do that.
I guess this is the place where all those 'other' kids come to talk about how fucked up they are.
You're right, the normal people don't really come here, so I will not be coming round.
I can't debate or discuss anything with people who are led around by mental conditions, not fact.

I really hope you people find what it is that you need to get your heads fixed, I feel sad for all of you.

Bye.

Offline Dr Gerald Davidson

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2005, 07:41:00 AM »
On 2005-07-06 21:37:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I'm also going to stop posting anything here.

I came here out of boredom while working at home, and as a human being who likes to debate issues, I got caught up in debating things with you all.

However, I can see that this is not a forum in which to do that.

I guess this is the place where all those 'other' kids come to talk about how fucked up they are.

You're right, the normal people don't really come here, so I will not be coming round.

I can't debate or discuss anything with people who are led around by mental conditions, not fact.

I really hope you people find what it is that you need to get your heads fixed, I feel sad for all of you.

Bye.

"

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.. Please feel free to join us again for some thearpy real soon, don't be a stranger now.
am A Elan psychiatrist and Marty Kruglik\'s gay lover

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2005, 08:43:00 AM »
You're not one of the real Sibs Docs.
you're just a faker.

Offline Chief Kruglik

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2005, 03:28:00 PM »
On 2005-07-05 23:10:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Are there any sane people here who went to Elan, did what they had to do, got out in like 16, 17 months and went on with their lives?

Seriously.

I am a normal individual, my parents had problems,  I went to Elan, it was really silly, some morons yelled, I swept some floors, ...big deal.

I wasn't abused, I wasn't traumatized, granted, it was retarded, but not such a big deal.

I see all these posts about all this trauma and drama, and I am like what the hell is wrong with these people?

I was sane when I went in, I got out less than 18 months later, still perfectly normal.

What the hell is so interesting that you people are stillliving this shit out?

It's baffling to me.

The only reason I bother with thos board was out of boredom while working, but now I am curious. I cannot stress enough that if you are sstill thinking about this place, the issue was never Elan, it was you.

Seek help.

It really was not this big a deal."

Me suh been at Elan very long long time. Me wsuh will always be here and never leave. There be too many teenagers to abusive, I shall never leave.

Hi yuh yuh yuh yuh
i yuh yuh , I am an Indian
On 2003-11-23 09:58:00, :

\"

On 2003-11-03 10:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

\"\"

Offline ShyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: ShyGirl on 2005-07-18 17:19 ]
\'ve often regretted my speech, never my silence

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2005, 04:55:00 PM »
No, no, ShyGirl! You're not supposed to eat the children! "Live on love for 9 months and eat the baby" is just a figure of speech.

But, aside from that, it sounds like you've managed to get yourself together pretty well. That's always good to hear.

What you describe sounds a whole lot like any other TC. Bored Anon, is that how you remember things at Elan during your 18 mos? Were you just aloof to it all, maybe?

Here's freedom to him who would read;

Here's freedom to him who would write;

None ever feared that the truth should be heard,

But them that the truth would indict.

--author unknown (circa 1914)