Author Topic: How did you tell your children, spouse about the Seed?  (Read 9873 times)

Offline ChrisL

• View Profile
    • http://chrislewiscpa.com
How did you tell your children, spouse about the Seed?
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2005, 02:19:00 PM »
quote "I've always been more a lightening strikes person, so I think all those dating rules are bullshit when you meet the right one at the right time. Why wait for two days if you don't want to? I've never had a serious relationship with someone where we both knew all those stupid rules don't qualify the minute we met. And I've never wasted my time if either one of us is half assed."...
My problem (or is it?) is that at this point in my life (48) I don't feel like I have all the time in the world (left) to wait for "lightning" to strike. I also am not so sure that is really the best thing, i.e. the romantic concept that you meet someone and "you just know" or "things click" I mean I am pretty romantic for a guy and I am more interested in a good friend as well as a good toss, but I am not so sure that "lightning is going to strike again?. I also felt like I should "act my age" and date age appropriate ladies, but I really have to agree with Greg that so far anyway most of the ladies I have dated in their 40's & 50's (early) have a fair amount of baggage or pre-concieved notions of the way things should be / ought to be and quite frankly seem much more uptight about things. I just feel like I am much more open about my feelings than the ladies I have been seeing, and when I express myself they shut down. So I am back to simply pursueing good friendships, I figure a good friend (female) to spend time & enjoy things with is better than going it alone. Thanks for the advice & feedback I appreciate all the different perspectives. & I can use all the help I can get!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
hris Lewis
Seed 1973 -1975
AA 1991 -

Offline Napolean Bonafart

• View Profile
    • http://electriclarryland.spaces.live.com/lists/
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2005, 03:36:00 PM »
I never tell anybody or have tried to even explain the SEED or the other programs because I thought nobody would believe me. I told the military and they understood me. Put myself on the excemption program and got a waiver. But still I never discuss it but here.

...the primary reason to outlaw marijuana
is its effect on the degenerate races.

http://www.heartbone.com/no_thugs/hja.htm' target='_new'>Harry Anslinger

quot;Thank you peanut gallery\"

Offline NOT12NOW

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2005, 05:53:00 PM »
When did this become the Woody Allen whine site?

Why are a string of posters now writing about how we are so much more versed in dealing with our feelings then people who haven?t shared our experiences?  Isn't that a little vain?  You can't assume someone isn't in touch with their own emotions simply because they don't want to hear about yours, or don't want to hear about yours on the first date.

We began by talking about tell all compulsions--compulsions don't indicate self knowledge any more than bleeding all over someone does.  

When I was young and naive I thought men who exposed all, right away, were deep and complex along with their cousins the, tell nothing, mystery men but I learned to see these behaviors as warning signs.  Signs of relationships I should avoid.  Not because I am deluged with baggage but because I am fucking smart.  In relationships I looked for men who were strait with me, turn me on, were fun and have the patience to let a relationship develop (all traits my partner has in spades.)  A ?toss,  that was easy anyone who turned me on was fair game for that.?

It?s no big secret relationships need oxygen to ignite.  Don?t blame women and their baggage.  Blame god/evolution whatever but give us a break.  

Please guys stop with the senior section bit.  It?s insulting to us divas, of all ages and you don?t want to upset a full-grown goddess do you?  I?ll say this, and if you guys quit it, I?ll say no more.  I am a better partner at forty they I was at thirty.  I am emotionally more flexible, have less preconceive notions about men and relationships, oh and one last thing my sexual skills, power, and enjoyment are something to behold.  

Oh and if you don?t quit you will force me to start a ?benefits of younger men? thread just for revenge.  I am serious this gun is loaded.

A little hint, by the way, younger woman aren?t without baggage they are just less likely to know what?s in it.
leveland chick 76-77

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2005, 06:11:00 PM »
Hey 12, funny stuff. I'm in my 30s. And you're right about the younger women having baggage, but not knowing what's in it. I'm definitely more knowledgeable than in my 20s although sometimes,I miss that blissful ignorance. I will say I am much more emotionally flexible and better at giving good love than when I was younger.  And certainly, the I've had the best sex of my life in my thirties.  

And younger men? Well, things ended recently after a year with a guy in his twenties. I really enjoyed being with a younger man for many reasons but the "not knowing what's in the baggage" seems to apply to young men, too. But God, I'll miss him!

Shanlea

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2005, 06:46:00 PM »
On 2005-10-22 15:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

And younger men? Well, things ended recently after a year with a guy in his twenties.

:cry: Sorry to hear it.

This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it.
--John Adams, U.S. President

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2005, 06:52:00 PM »
:rofl: true dat!

I think it's about finding someone who you like, who likes you, wants what you have and has what you want.

It's really pretty simple. I think it's actually a bit less risky as you get older, though it may not seem so because you develop an aversion to risk. Most often the young ones 'want' list includes access to already born children, access to what they foolishly believe is the only source of satisfactory sex, etc. I don't know. I guess I wouldn't want to be in the market at my age. But then again, I do envy the freedom my single friends have.

In God's wildness lies the hope of the world x the great fresh unblighted, unredeemed wilderness. The galling harness of civilization drops off, and wounds heal ere we are aware.
-- John Muir

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2005, 08:49:00 PM »
Yeah, me too, Antigen, me too. It's very difficult to relocate with children in my county. It would have been an ugly, costly, and probably futile mess.
hanlea

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »
Yeah, you know what I'm talkin' about. If you just get an urge to go for a walk all alone, how many other people have to approve your plans? Me? Four or so. Single people? Nobody, you don't even think of it. You're free! Maybe lonely at times, and burdoned w/ the onus of remedying that. But free none the less.

A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows.
http://smack.accesscard.org/index/misc/atheist/' target='_new'>Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

Offline PerfectStraightling

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2005, 11:57:00 PM »
God I don't know what I would do without romance. Without either the lightening sriking or the hope of it. I'm 33, and still I'm thinking I don't want to get married unless it's with someone that I'm madly in love with, and who's madly in love with me. And I don't really care if I'm single for the rest of my life! I won't settle for anything less. I spend a lot of time looking back at the boys I have loved, and try to sort through what happened. I want to learn from those relationships, but I will never be with someone just because I think I should like them or they are nice. I don't even know what "Bad boys" or "nice boys" means. I love who I love. Maybe I am blind, I don't really know.

Offline PerfectStraightling

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2005, 12:08:00 AM »
On 2005-10-19 21:09:00, ChrisL wrote:

""I chased off (literally) three ladies because within the first few dates I felt like I had to relate my entire life experience(s), I never have been very good at that patience thing. "

I'm just curious, was this that sort of feeling of if you don't tell them everything then they will probably think you are being dishonest by not telling them? I have struggled with that at times too but wondered if that's what happened here or if it was some other reason since you mentioned patience.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2005, 12:40:00 AM »
When I said bad boys, I meant boys who did not treat my friends well.  

I know what you mean about romance. The whole lightning strikes thing. It would be hard for me to accept a relationship with someone nice just for companionship. But maybe that's just because my last relationship was pretty intoxicating. (Incidentally, he was also in the same program I was in at a different time, and felt the same way about it. So we shared that common draw.)

But the thing about sexual interest. It seems to me that men(please correct me if I'm wrong) are more easily sexually interested and thus, have more options.  Good looks doesn't necessarily do it for me, and certainly not money. The guy who wanted to marry me before I married my ex was great looking, a great friend, and well off, but I wasn't attracted to him. He felt like my brother.  I would have killed to feel the slightest bit of sexual interest in him just because in every other way he was my best friend.
(And yes, he did know about the program and never judged me.)

Ideally, you should be with someone you jibe with enough to share these aspects of your life freely, but maybe you have to suss out first what to share and when, and if the person even has the emotional complexity to understand it.  That might sound snotty, but the truth is, I've met a lot of people who just wouldn't get it.  And there is nothing worse than feeling lonely WITH the person you're supposed to feel bonded to.

shanlea

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2005, 11:21:00 AM »
:wstupid:  :wstupid:

Oh and if you don?t quit you will force me to start a ?benefits of younger men? thread just for revenge.  I am serious this gun is loaded.

"

Hehe....go right ahead. We all know young men have a hair trigger sexually, no sense of style or knowledge of women,  and to top it off displaced  anger issues.

Benefits?

I don't think so.  But you are dead on about the seguay into the fantasy that people from the "outside" aren't in touch with their emotions as much as people who went thru synanon style treatment. That is just a self promoted fantasy that was drilled into our heads so much, some of us still believe it.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »
On 2005-10-22 18:34:00, Antigen wrote:

"Yeah, you know what I'm talkin' about. If you just get an urge to go for a walk all alone, how many other people have to approve your plans? Me? Four or so. Single people? Nobody, you don't even think of it. You're free! Maybe lonely at times, and burdoned w/ the onus of remedying that. But free none the less.

A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows.
http://smack.accesscard.org/index/misc/atheist/' target='_new'>Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

"

And that in a nutshell is what I am struggling with right now.  It is wonderfull to have a partner, I have even started taking an interest in my house again.  I am not lonely ever, but man, that freedom thing, even the freedom to read a magazine without being asked rapid fire questions every time you get to the point where you are connected to the topic!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2005, 01:15:00 PM »
Eh, ya get used to it.

If we choose to violate the rights of the innocent in order to discover and act against the guilty, then we have transformed our country into a police state and abandoned one of the fundamental tenants of a free society. In order to win the war on drugs, we must not sacrifice the life of the Constitution in the battle.
--US District Judge H. Lee Sarokin

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2005, 02:49:00 PM »
Well, not trying to put a damper on the young girl/old girl discussion...however, we all have baggage by the time we reach and mature into our middle-age years. For me, now it's just a matter of whether I  carry it with me everywhere I go, stumbling and fumbling about trying to keep up with it all -  or, if I can, leave it behind.  

I have one really true and kind friend - and she has helped me along this path - and so have the participants in this forum.  But the fact that she's not ever been in any kind of program at all showed me that regular people have the same kinds of problems and disconnects and yet, they seem to get through the trials and tribulations without blowing up their worlds.  This has gone a long way towards helping me normalize and de-sensitize (my reactions) in my other personal and professional relationships.

Once I started to understand I had just as much baggage as the "unacceptable" men I was dating, my quest changed from trying find that perfect someone (no baggage/no problems) to finding someone who could accept me and mine and whose baggage I did not mind tripping over now and again. Not that I was searching out any hurting person to save mind you, I just recognized that I was no "pic-a-nic" to be with either.

Proud to say I am on my second marriage now and we are making it work.  The first was in 1982-84 and was not good for either party. The second did not happen until 1997. I took a significant break between for several reasons - mostly because I was in college, developing a career and raising a child and I was not willing to let my responsibility to my family take precedenece over the needs of a date "to be spontaneous."  Here's cute dating story for those of you with other responsibilites (ie family, job, school): I actually had one guy tell me the reason he could not see me anymore was because I could not be spontaneous. That line might actually have been a credible breakup line given the amount of stuff that was going on in my life (school, job, family) had it not been for the fact that his idea of spontaneity was going to his house to watch television when he rang me up onthe phone.

It did take a while for me to find a person who could accept me and my family as well as my seed-induced bullshit.  Believe me when I say my "issues" still come up and most recently it has shown itself in the form of instant and complete rejection for seemingly minor transgressions. Again, all related to losing house and home in last year's hurricane - for lack of a better term, the events caused me to regress to what I consider the most negative of seed-induced behaviors - the ability to judge, judge harshly, and then walkaway.  Really stupid behavior on my part.  

Stress and upheaval seem to be the factors the cause me to fall back into old patterns.  But I find it is much less frequent as time goes by.  That, and I have to make a real effort not to fall back into stupid behavior when the going gets tough. Just because I have been X-way for 30 years doesn't necessarily make it right.  I have had to learn to be more accepting of the human foibles in myself, my loved ones, my friends, my neighbors, the FEMA workers - everyone. I am nowhere near perfect and admittedly can be a big ass at times, but I do enjoy the challenge of learning to be a loving human being and not function on the automaton level.  

And Greg, relax man ! It will be okay.  RELAXXXX :grin: [ This Message was edited by: Stripe on 2005-10-23 12:12 ]
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa