Author Topic: This Camp is too easy!  (Read 2365 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
This Camp is too easy!
« on: June 20, 2005, 06:46:00 PM »
ABC Family Brat Camp Forum - RedCliff Ascent

A lot of stuff has been disappearing from the ABC Brat Camp forum, whether due to age or censorship I don't know.  In amongst the kids discussing which of the participants is the best looking (and even asking how to get on the show!) there were some important posts that I thought were worth preserving.

I think these are the people the RedCliff Ascent website describe as "the youth who have taken over much of the message board and use it with vulgar comments, disinformation and lack of respect for others."

sgt_jason

This Camp is too easy!

Posted: Dec 22, 2004 05:34 PM reply

1 Posts

What they need is to go to Marine Boot Camp or go to a military school. That is the kind of discipline these kids need!

The Sarge!

Txsweetie1238

Re: Re: This Camp is too easy!

Posted: Dec 22, 2004 05:45 PM reply

100 Posts

well then what is brat camp literally?! I thought that it was a boot camp type thing. LOL

patrickfan91

Posted: Dec 24, 2004 06:52 PM reply

196 Posts

what is brat camp? i saw the commercials.but i never saw the show.

4calif_roses

Posted: Jan 03, 2005 11:50 AM reply

58 Posts

The show airs on Monday, Jan. 10th so check your listings for times.

123krazy123

Posted: Dec 26, 2004 03:47 PM reply

1 Posts

i don't mean to sound rude but how do u kno this camp is too easy. have you been there before?

blinkiethehotty

Posted: Dec 26, 2004 08:27 PM reply

1 Posts

your rite sarge thats all i needed [military school] that was not easy [if your reading this now on dec 26 04 send a reply ]

Message was edited by: blinkiethehotty

micahjade Re: brat
Posted: Dec 29, 2004 08:41 PM reply

10 Posts

I went to Redcliff Ascent (brat camp) and I will tell you it is the hardest thing ever. Its aboustly absurd to say that any part of this is easy.

Imagine waking up every morning thinking your at home and then relizing that your in the middle of utah away from everyone you love, or having every erathly possien taken away from you because youve hit such rock bottom that you cant be trusted. and for the people that used going threw withdraws and still haveing to hike 10 or 15 miles. not to mention the countless other things that you have to deal with. unless you have been to redcliff you cant not even begain to fathom how incredabley hard it is, not to mention it completey changes your life (for the better)

bnbfrog

Posted: Jan 02, 2005 11:37 AM reply

69 Posts

This is harder then boot camp or military school.

shart101

Posted: Jan 03, 2005 12:47 PM reply

2 Posts

How do you know if its to easy? Have you gone there? Not trying to be rude. Just wondering.

capuchin_duckie

Posted: Jan 06, 2005 01:34 PM reply

1 Posts

I went to Aspen, its not Ascent...but its basically the exact same thing. It was the hardest things Ive ever had to experience. I was woken up at 4am with my parents crying by the side of my bed and some random 6'5" guy and some chick....they were my escourts. My parents never told me I was going they just woke me up and sent me off with these 2 random people. They then flew me to Utah and then sent me off with some more random people to be taken to my new "home." When I got there I was stripped searched and everything that came off me...which was everything that was on me, was replaced with something that wasnt mine. You dont have one thing of your own when you are there...piercings, jewlery...even your underwear...yuck!! And then after driving 2 hours into the rocky mountains...just further and further away from civilization. I finally met my group...which actually I wasnt allowed to talk to for a few days...I had to move up in the program. I was there for a little over 7 weeks. Couldnt have real showers, shave, see cars, drugs, family, friends, pictures, NOTHING. it was hell..but I learned a lot from it, and now Im happy I went!!! but it was NOT easy at all!!!

carolynbadams

Posted: Jan 03, 2005 04:56 PM reply

11 Posts

You obviously have never been to RedCliff, it is the farthest from easy. While I will not belittle military schools, as I have never been to one, I will say that RCA was the hardest thing that I have ever gone through, both mentally and physically. So please do not talk about a subject that you obviously know very little about, or if you feel the need to say something than do it with more respect for those who have experienced RedCliff Ascent

shawty43

Posted: Jan 04, 2005 06:05 PM reply

1 Posts

Really I don't mean to sound rude either but these kids don't need discipline, they've gone way beyond that and discipline is exactly what they do at boot camp and that is only gonna make them rebel even more. But mess with Mother Nature and you never know what it'll throw back at you, if these kids are crying over taking out their peircings think about how they'll feel when they have to sleep outside and eat nutrition compared to the regular stuff they feed you at boot camp. I wouldn't know this from experience, but I know a little bit about military school and boot camp.

SoftBear15

Posted: Jan 05, 2005 06:46 PM reply

7 Posts

You don't necessarily choose Redcliff - they choose you. If your parents decide they love you enough to invest time and money into you, then they submit an application. After a thorough check of everything from health records, school grades, and criminal records, RCA will decide if you're accepted into the program.

I went to Redcliff with a student who was part of the Russian Mafia's chopshop in Portland. Another student had a warrant out for his arrest in 4 states for robbing $12,000 from a Pizza Hut. Every type of student can benefit from the program.

And as other previous students have said, unless you've been to RCA, you have no idea how hard it is. I imagine the show will portray a bit of a lighter side. However, trust me when I say that nothing in my life was more challanging.

Another note: In the show, it says 4 weeks is the amount of time they spend there. When I went, I was told along with the rest of my group that you were there until you passed all of the phases. I imagine, for the sake of filming, they cut back the number of phases and automatically passed each student through a phase each week. In all reality, you can miss phases and end up spending months in the program. Plus, even when you complete the phases (bookwork and projects), you may still end up spending up to another month in the program. All councilors, staff, and your parents must agree you are ready to graduate. It took me 63 days.

No lights, no plumbing, horrible food (you have to work for salt and pepper) - you clean your "cup" (the only thing you eat out of) with spit, sand, and a rag. Perhaps the worst part is never knowing what is going to happen the next day. You wake up when they say, you cook your breakfast when they say, you clean up camp when they say, and then you hike - until they say stop. You could hike 3 miles, you could hike 15. If no one in your group is able to make fire with their tools (no matches or lighters allowed) then your group eats cold (rice is no good cold and uncooked).

And as for pain: It exists in Redcliff. I tried to walk away from the first camp they put me in. I though I was big enough to push off any of the staff who might try to stop me. You learn quickly what PCS is - Positive Control System - ouch.

My best advice is to watch the show, and understand that for $24,000+ you can send your offtrack teenager to the camp and truly expect results. I can't thank the staff of RCA enough for keeping me alive.

Soft Bear
[email protected]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »