Author Topic: Does Deborah's Anti-Psychiatry posts help anyone?  (Read 12147 times)

Offline Paul

• View Profile
Does Deborah's Anti-Psychiatry posts help anyone?
« on: June 15, 2005, 02:27:00 AM »
Please post if Deborah's posts have either
helped or hurt anyone?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
or those who don\'t understand my position, on all subjects:

* Understand the law and your rights.

* Make sure you have the freedom of choice.

* Seek and receive unbiased information and
know the source of information.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 09:31:00 PM »
Oh, are you shittin' me? Deb provides a great deal of background and research info to these discussions.

You think your hawking forced psyche evals on little kids is really helping anybody?

Impiety: Your irreverence toward my deity.
--Ambrose Bierce

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 10:17:00 PM »
While I might not agree w/ all of them I certaintly find them interesting and it gets me to re-thinking some things.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 01:36:00 AM »
On 2005-06-15 18:31:00, Antigen wrote:

"Oh, are you shittin' me? Deb provides a great deal of background and research info to these discussions.

You think your hawking forced psyche evals on little kids is really helping anybody?

Impiety: Your irreverence toward my deity.
--Ambrose Bierce

"

I totally agree!

::drummer::

Offline Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 05:25:00 AM »
"You think your hawking forced psyche evals on little kids is really helping anybody?"

What part of voluntary don't you understand?

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 08:23:00 AM »
And what part of parental consent vs passive consent, do you not understand?
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... =50#110029

You might not have a problem with the school district screening your child without your permission. Some? Many? Do.
What did you think about that Sex Survey they're giving sixth graders? Without parental consent of course.
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... =40#109909

I don't know about other 11 year olds, but my grandson doesn't yet know what oral sex is, or what a condom is. And we would be irrate if he was asked if he used one during his last sexual encounter.
Public schools are out of control.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Truth Searcher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »
Well said Deborah!  

Our school district introduced anal/oral sex to our children in 6th grade under the guise of an "aids awareness program".  When did the public school system take it upon themselves to teach morality?

Oh I know the arguments... "but parents aren't teaching sex ed, and morality, and manners.... yada yada yada...." so the schools have had to take up the slack.

Give the power back to the family!!!  Better yet, families .... take the power back!
quot;The test of the morality of a society is what is does for it\'s children\"

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

Offline Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 12:01:00 PM »
What is your solution to not teaching sex ed?

When someone does get AIDS it is your goverment
with your tax dollars that pays for it.

Do you really think kids don't know about sex,
when you ask them and they deny it? Seriously now.

From what I hear you want to schools to not educate
about sex, not to screen for mental illness, correct.

Then when someone is diagnosed with a serious and persistant mental illness and they figure out that it started when they where younger you would not suggest that perhaps a screening would have helped this person. You would be satisfied the signs where all there, but the schools where not allowed to address the issue?

Why not? Because one family decided to not open their mail, while the rest of the town received their information on the TeenScreen, that you want
to throw out the whole test. Smart, very smart.

My illness would have shown up earlier in a screening. I wish they had them then, and I support them now. A couple of false positives can easily be figured out in a follow up appointment. These tests are simply information to be used as the family wishes, not a branding on one's forhead.

Regarding sex education, so what if they learn these things in school, isn't it better that learning it from the kids in the neighborhood?

How did you learn about sex? Should we all learn the way you did?

Offline Truth Searcher

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 12:05:00 PM »

How did you learn about sex? Should we all learn the way you did?"

I learned from my parents in an age appropriate manner.  And while I do not think that all should learn the way I did, I believe that my children should not have to learn the way the government dictates they should either(via the public school agenda).
quot;The test of the morality of a society is what is does for it\'s children\"

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »
On 2005-06-16 09:01:00, Paul wrote:

"What is your solution to not teaching sex ed?

When someone does get AIDS it is your goverment

with your tax dollars that pays for it.

Do you really think kids don't know about sex,

when you ask them and they deny it? Seriously now.

From what I hear you want to schools to not educate

about sex, not to screen for mental illness, correct.

Then when someone is diagnosed with a serious and persistant mental illness and they figure out that it started when they where younger you would not suggest that perhaps a screening would have helped this person. You would be satisfied the signs where all there, but the schools where not allowed to address the issue?

Why not? Because one family decided to not open their mail, while the rest of the town received their information on the TeenScreen, that you want

to throw out the whole test. Smart, very smart.

My illness would have shown up earlier in a screening. I wish they had them then, and I support them now. A couple of false positives can easily be figured out in a follow up appointment. These tests are simply information to be used as the family wishes, not a branding on one's forhead.

Regarding sex education, so what if they learn these things in school, isn't it better that learning it from the kids in the neighborhood?

How did you learn about sex? Should we all learn the way you did?"

Ok so lets teach 6th graders about oral sex, give me a break WTF. Thats the problem with our education system, they have forgotten about Math,Science ,Reading instead they are more interested in teaching your 12 year old how to give a blow job, how to masturbate(like any kid can't figure that out on his own). Or the big one why Suzi has two mommies. And they wonder why the system is a failure.
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »
I am 49, when I was in school there was a demand
from students to augment the curriculum with
more relevant classes. Sex education was one of
them.

Looks like the schools are damned if they do
and damned if they don't.

Are you all attending the school board meetings
in your communities to help out?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 02:59:00 PM »
Its not a matter of teaching sex ed, it is a matter of content and age appropriate content, why is that so hard to understand. 5th and 6th graders being taught about oral sex is not appropriate. If you think it is then hire Michael Jackson to home school your kids.

Offline Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 03:09:00 PM »
So in your town 12 year olds know nothing about sex?

The very first they would have heard the word sex is in the school sex ed classes?

Wow, maybe it is needed where you are from.

---

Kids are not stupid, come on now.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 03:15:00 PM »
***What is your solution to not teaching sex ed?

How about at an appropriate age and curriculum, if at all.  A ?survey? is not ?teaching? ? or, maybe it is. Sorta? introduces 11 years old to sex, condoms, oral sex, etc. by asking about their previous encounters.  Is that appropriate ?education? for that age group? No.
I have an idea. How about we have the teacher stand up in front of the class and read the questions out loud to the students. Sure that would be fun for the uptight fundie teachers who can?t even say the word SEX much less teach anything useful about it.

BTW, Paul, did you read the article? You've commented on things before without reading, and simply from what your assume the article might say. Are you saying that you are in agreement with the way the SURVEY is being given, and that parents should not have access to the questions because they might 'misinterpret' them, while their 11 year old fully grasps the concept of oral sex????  Are you a parent?

***From what I hear you want to schools to not educate about sex, not to screen for mental illness, correct.

Yeh, Paul. And personally, I don?t want someone else teaching my kid ?their? values around sex.

Sorry your parents didn't take you for a genuinely voluntary mental health evaluation with the local shrink. That is not justification for the government to screen captive audiences. IT?S NOT THE GOVERNMENTS JOB. It was your parents job. Get some therapy. The government is NOT a parent.

***These tests are simply information to be used as the family wishes, not a branding on one's forhead.

Paul, you have stated more than once that you are not up on how the psych industry affects minors. Why don?t you refrain from commenting based on your assumptions and fantastical thinking. Educate yourself, so other?s don?t have to.
A psych dx can affect a child's life and choices for years to come. It is NOT simply information the parents can choose to use or toss. How naïve of you. Or are you being intentionally deceptive?
Read about these two little girls in Illinois. Tell me that?s voluntary.

http://www.ablechild.org/kauffman/ameri ... linois.htm
Mrs. Ayalla Kauffman, a mother of 8 came to Ablechild alleging that her two youngest children were taken by the State of Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) for what she was told by the DCFS Caseworker to be A 90 DAY MENTAL HEALTH EVALUATION/ SCREENING PERIOD for the girls.  When the 90-Day period was up, the State of Illinois DCFS refused to release the two girls back into the care of their mother.  Mrs. Kauffman has reported allegations that her two girls are being abused in State care.  Mrs. Kauffman states that both her girls have been PHYSICALLY RESTRAINED numerous times to the point of obvious bruising on their bodies.  In addition, Mrs. Kauffman has reported that her children are being ADMINISTERED UNAPPROVED AND DANGEROUS PSYCHIATRIC DRUGS WITHOUT HER CONSENT.  Many of these drugs have been linked directly to suicide and violence, are unapproved for use in children, and have blackbox warnings on their labels.  Mrs. Kauffman has reported that ANY CONTACT WITH HER CHILDREN HAS BEEN TERMINATED BY THE RESIDENTIAL CENTERS AND THE ?TREATING? PSYCHIATRISTS.  This is being done EVEN THOUGH THE COURT HAS NOT TERMINATED MRS. KAUFFMAN?S VISITATION WITH HER CHILDREN.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 03:17:00 PM »
"Men had better be without education than be educated by their rulers."
--Thomas Hodgskin

Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
--Thomas Paine

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes