Author Topic: Rebekah  (Read 10347 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rebekah
« on: June 12, 2005, 03:14:00 AM »
Hello, my name is Suzanne, I was at the Rebekah home for girls from Oct. 1999 through Jan. 2000. I was sent home because I discovered I was pregnant. I was wondering if there is anyone here who remembers me, or who heard anything about it, I know I was the first girl to ever be there pregnant.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rebekah
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 06:27:00 AM »
they probably lied to you, because i was there in the 80's and we had a pregnant girl there.
the 70's girls also had a few that were pregnant.

Offline Dear Gabby

• View Profile
Rebekah
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »
Hello!
I was in rebekah home 71=74. When I got there the first dorm had just been built. They use to have trailors on the farm. That is where the pregnant girls stay. Some with workers some with Granny and PaPa. The state came after them and so Roloff moved them to mississippi. Up until that time had encourged these girls to give up thier baby's to a good Christian homes. I think for a small donation. the rest of the girls where moved to a dorm that he had first built. I moved in  shorty afterwards.
Of my knowledge I don't know if any of these girls ever found thier children again.
He either took it to his grave or family members have that imfo. Would like to know . One girl got pregnant while in the home. Snuck off with a workers boy. But she was shipped off to mississippi there after. who was over you then?
ever want to chat?

http://www.Chatzy.com/700727175453  passcode freedom                  Thanks Blue

Offline njoynit

• View Profile
    • http://photos.yahoo.com/njoynit03
Rebekah
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 02:21:00 PM »
I remember hearing about a girl who had came there and was pregnant and got pregnant while at rebekah.From what I remember hearing,she got pregnant durring school somehow.she also tried to have the baby in the bathroom alone.I thought it was the reason we had no doors on the bathrooms.I know they did a pregnacy test on us when arriveing.de-liced us too.I don't re call any girls prenant while I was at Rebekah.I was there 1 yr 15 days.
When I was at Bethesda,they didn't have pregnant girls there either.We did have one girl come in& she stayed 3 days,then went to jubiliee home in TX.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rebekah
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 02:28:00 PM »
I know someone who can answer some of your questions. But that was early days. What happen to your baby? If u don't mind me asking.

Offline aye49

• View Profile
Rebekah
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005, 10:44:00 AM »
several of the first girls saw their babies... but i dont know of the others after 1071
et go and let god be god

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rebekah
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 03:37:00 PM »
I was there in 85/86 and know there were other girls who came in pregnant.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rebekah
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »
I was at bethesda in 80 and I can tell you there were at least 12 of us pregant at the time. Granted there were more girls there for other things, but we were there also,,,,,Amber

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rebekah
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 07:25:00 PM »
Did you give your baby up? If so do you regret it? Or do You feel you made the right choice?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rebekah
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »
On 2005-08-12 11:21:00, njoynit wrote:

"I remember hearing about a girl who had came there and was pregnant and got pregnant while at rebekah.From what I remember hearing,she got pregnant durring school somehow.she also tried to have the baby in the bathroom alone.I thought it was the reason we had no doors on the bathrooms.I know they did a pregnacy test on us when arriveing.de-liced us too.I don't re call any girls prenant while I was at Rebekah.I was there 1 yr 15 days.

When I was at Bethesda,they didn't have pregnant girls there either.We did have one girl come in& she stayed 3 days,then went to jubiliee
 home in TX."

The Pregnant girls at Rebekah where sent to Bethesda In 69 to 70 Hattiesburg Miss. They passed a law that they could no longer house children without a licence. They stared out in a house in Flower Buff I am thinking in Corpus Christi Texas But where then Moved to trailers when Roloff bought the farm. Then they where packed into trailers until they built the home. It was who they where building it for when they moved them. It was how the home started out besides the daycare was with one single pregnant girl. Roloff started asking for help from the church for her and then more followed. I would  be curious to know who the first pregnant girl was.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rebekah
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 07:49:00 PM »

On 2005-08-12 11:21:00, njoynit wrote:

"I remember hearing about a girl who had came there and was pregnant and got pregnant while at rebekah.From what I remember hearing,she got pregnant durring school somehow.she also tried to have the baby in the bathroom alone.I thought it was the reason we had no doors on the bathrooms.I know they did a pregnacy test on us when arriveing.de-liced us too.I don't re call any girls prenant while I was at Rebekah.I was there 1 yr 15 days.

When I was at Bethesda,they didn't have pregnant girls there either.We did have one girl come in& she stayed 3 days,then went to jubiliee home in TX."

When Jubilee was opened it was for girls pregnant that where 18 and up. It was on the farm. One girl got pregnant while there from a worker boy 1970 but think she was sent to Bethesda. The Wheatherfords where hot about it after that we where no longer free to roam the farm and the fences went up.

Offline cloud9mom

• View Profile
Rebekah
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 10:32:00 PM »
yes I gave my child up. It hurt.A lot.But he found me.
i I was in Bethesda in 80,anyone else?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rebekah
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2006, 08:29:00 PM »
when I was in rebekah in the eighties, we had to get a pregnancy test prior to being allowed.  If a girl was pregnant (I've heard, we didn't get any while I was there) she got sent home.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rebekah
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 04:13:00 PM »
I was there 69-71. And I thought it was bad then! I dont understand how the heck all the mind control and coercement was allowed to continue. It just makes me mad to hear kids who have no choice being subjected to that STILL. I am SO sad to hear about women who cannot locate thier children. It is not fair Roloff was given so much power over others.

I'm still angry with Roloff (knew him well) for his need to control others completely. Once, when the quartet was on the Phil Donahue show live in Chicago, a caller called us 'Roloff Robots'. Of course then I defended him, but think it's funny (and true) as hell now.

Roloff used me as an example of girls who had no family to foot the bill, yet out of 'love' he took me in anyway. Love, hell! He made TONS of money off the girls he took with him, and I know I brought in my share. I'm one of the truly lucky ones, who got to travel and all...and I'm still hurt and angry so I can only imagine how most of survivors of that place feel. There were literally dozens of families who wanted to take me in, but when I turned 18 Lester refused to give me any contact information at all, so I left to make life on my own. Can you imagine walking out of 3 years of Rebekah to the real world and being expected to survive??! It was crazy. And when I called them to get advise and stuff they told me not to 'bother' them any more. I was left to find a job, apartment, open a bank account, and learn to fit into society with NO guidance. Needless to say I made my share of naive mistakes and wonder how I stayed off the streets and out of jail.

That was NOT love. God does not leave and forsake us. (Not to mention they all knew my family had done exactly the same thing). There was a hell of a lot of emotional cruelty there. Roloff on the other hand had his own agenda as well as the people who worked for him. It took 35 years and a whole lot of pain, mistakes and self-loathing to figure out how to stand up for myself and develop some solid self-esteem.

There are some good things that came out of the homes, but they fell far short of the picture they want to portray. Teaching closed-minded intolerance is just WRONG!

So that is my 2cents

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rebekah
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 10:10:00 PM »
thanks for sharing that.  I had no idea they would just turn a girl loose at eighteen like that.  
they were turds.