Author Topic: forced child labor camp  (Read 11596 times)

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
forced child labor camp
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2005, 01:40:00 PM »
hey you,

no, i'm no turning the topic, though i think you understand my opinion on the matter- i've said enough on that.

The stumps!!! yes!!! how many did u do??  wasn't that a personal intervention?

I also forgot about the fence building, jesus, how could i forget, but I recall a lot of involving the areas outside of MMS- 'volunteer work'.  We didn't build many fences for the school while I was there.

Now I remember the daisy and knap weed picking- jesus, that was tougher that it sounds, right B?  The purpose was... because it was a noxious weed taking over the field.  Is that still a problem over there? I wonder if it was truly meaningless or if we had an impact.

ice picking (damn hard)
rock picking (but I remmeber just taking them out only to put them back- hmmm...)

more later

ps- i too also feel like the work i did was pretty incredible, its hard to imagine doing so much work, I've never had to work that hard since- physically and even emotionally (but if only in the sense I had to put myself on the back burner, in  a way, and keep plugging away until i reached the end).  The endurance it took to do that, plus the exercise on top of the work crew, almost seems it took super human strength to endure and survive until the end.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline BarnardlyB

• View Profile
forced child labor camp
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2005, 08:42:00 PM »
Hey Kat,
Yeah I understand your side of the issue and respect that...as well as you know mine and I hope respect that...

Yeah the stumps were a personal intevention. I actually don't remember how many i did..Member Alexis and I sleeping in the tent in 30 degree weather!!!  hahaha :lol:
That was fun..let me tell you!!!

Oh the Daisys,...That was my first summer there.
Member the Daisy song???!!!  pickin....pickin,...picken them daisys down....
(I think)

It actually did some good. Not as many but they eventually started to grow back but not as bad...you can't tell we have daisys.
God that was alot of field to pick!!!!!!!!!!!

The excercise....wow kat let me tell you. You had it easy..everyday for half an hour it was intense vigorous exercise......
we even had leg day, arm day, Friday was Mile day..., and in between we had our normal daily activity. 2-5 everyday was either a bike ride, hike and or ski. And the weekend was as always workcrew.......Damn can't believe i did that for 3 whole years. Its a wonder i still stand !!!!! hehehe :lol:
ou are you
I am I,
Two individuals dancing on our own two feet, & when were together...its beautiful

Offline katfish

• View Profile
forced child labor camp
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2005, 10:36:00 AM »
hey b,

ho long were u and Alexis out there?  How did A do at MMS, by the way?  Still talk to her?  Barely remeber her, but recall she was quite sweet.

let's see...

how about picking up garbage on the highway
& in the woods

dumpster cleaning
van cleaning

trying to remember the chores too, did you still work in pairs after I left.

morning:
kitchen
lodge
cabins
what else?

evening:
horse duty
and?

we had free time from 1pm-2pm and then again at 6pm-7pm if we did have group, correct?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline BarnardlyB

• View Profile
forced child labor camp
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2005, 05:45:00 PM »
Hey Kat....
Yeah i remember.
I never talked to Alexas after MMS. She left and suprized everyone by telling me I was full of shit in her closure group.

U know what Kat??!!! I remember everything.  We even changed the chore schedule.

7-7:15            Wake Up
7:15-7:35       Breakfast
7:35-9:00       Morning Chores/Free time
9:00-9:30       Exercise
9:30-9:45       Morning Meeting
9:45-10          Clean Up and Ready for school
10:30-12:30    School
12:30-12:45    Free time
12:45-1/1:15   Lunch
1-2                 Chores
2-5                 Afternoon Activity
5-5:30            Free time
5:30-6:00       Dinner
6-7                 Chores/Free time
7-7:30           Therapy Assigment time
7:30------     Group

Chores:
Cabin 1  Horse and lounge
Cabin 2  Kitchen and Garbage and Floors
Cabin 3  Sauna and House
Cabin 4  Off
And than we rotated.
I believe we even had another chore for the house and sauna day but I forget what it was.

Well thats it for now what i can remember.....
B
ou are you
I am I,
Two individuals dancing on our own two feet, & when were together...its beautiful

Offline katfish

• View Profile
forced child labor camp
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2005, 06:26:00 PM »
what the ???  Betsy, seriously, you are ... amazing!  
how can u remember all that in such detail????  you should be... i don't know, something that requires a great memory b/c serriously, that's crazy!!!!!!!

So u ate then excersized- god, that would have made me sick, i think i would have rather had it the way it was before - not 100% on the exact times though- you probably could fis that for me, b. LOL.  damn!

7-7:15 Wake Up
7:15-7:45 excersize
78:00-9:00 Morning Chores/Free time
9:00-9:30 Morning Meeting
??
10:30-12:30 School
12:30-12:45 Free time
12:45-1/1:15 Lunch
1-2 Chores
2-5 Afternoon Activity
5-5:30 Free time
5:30-6:00 Dinner
6:30-7:30 Chores/Free time
7:30------ Group

10 or 11 lights out

this was, from what i recall M-W, the other days no school, right b?  did that change after I left?

Th-Sun what did we have during school time- big trip or day long trips were reserved for these days, right?
Also, I vagule recall work crew in the mornings on some days and not during intervention, do u remember B?

talk to you soon!!

kat
[ This Message was edited by: katfish on 2005-09-11 15:28 ]
Margaret Mead

Offline katfish

• View Profile
forced child labor camp
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2005, 06:31:00 PM »
lol- alexis said you were full of it, huh?  didn't you hate that?  sometimes i felt student would just say that and it would set u back in the eyes of the staff sometimes, even though it wasn't always true![ This Message was edited by: katfish on 2005-09-11 15:34 ]
Margaret Mead